Cheapest predator-proof fencing for tractor

Moonprysm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 9, 2014
I'm currently building 2 tractors, both 3ft tall, 5ft wide, and 10ft long. I need enough fencing to go around and over the top, leaving the bottom open. I don't want to use chicken wire, as I know it's not predator proof, but I also don't have a ton of money to throw into fencing. I've seen so many options that LOOK feasible, like wildlife fencing that's smaller at the bottom, bigger at the top, or horse fencing, but I'm just not sure that either of those will actually keep my turkeys safe. Suggestions? Also links to good prices on fencing appreciated as well.

Horse fencing will keep bigger things out but not snakes or other small things.Rabbit wire works well

Top holes won't cause an issue with raccoons or possums? What's the largest fencing I could safely go with? 1x1? 2x2?

40 years experience here.spend a little more and get smaller mesh wire.I used some of the wire in the link you sent and after about a year the welds start breaking then you have 4x4 holes .I wouldn't use larger than2x2

Back
Top Bottom