red jungle fowl

beautiful bird and chick! - -marking this thread. I have heard that if someone wants to do genetic testing by breeding their flock - only by using a jungle fowl will they be able to discern the genetic make up of their own flock - as the Jungle fowl contains all the genes that are non-mutated.......... (if that came out right and makes sense)

I would think that there would be a high demand for these.

i have two roosters and lost a hen to a hawk,but i manage to save all the eggs,now i have 26 chicks

Okay - your are North of lake Charles - Just hearing right now about Tornado warnings for parishes in Western LA - Serious weather out there tonight so it seems. Stay safe!

Oh no I'm mistaken I see you are south of Baton Rouge... I used to fly into and out of Baton Rouge when I did some consulting for a paper company in St. Francisville. -- very pretty country around there.

Last edited:
Glad to see some people raising these birds, I've heard pure ones are quite rare. I have one Polish cross hen with a little Red Junglefowl in her, she's just darling, but I also got a new hen yesterday, who, from the pictures I've seen, looks a lot like a pure or nearly pure Red. But I'm no expert. She was living as a stray before she was captured, but she's in perfect condition and has a surprisingly stocky breast, so she's clearly got good survival skills. What does she look like to you guys?

Back
Top Bottom