Canada goose mix geese!

brittanimck

In the Brooder
May 21, 2015
So, long story short, my husband and I rescued a canada goose 2 years ago and raised.him. when he was a mature adult we let him fly off to find a flock. He went to the neighbor's horse pasture instead, for 6 months. So, he came back and now he lives with our flock of birds and even has a lady Toulouse girlfriend. They hit it off quickly and we gave 4 eggs for our broody hen to hatch. 2 made it, with help from us during the hatch. Has anyone ever had Canada geese mix with their flock and produce babies? Our lady Toulouse is sitting on 4 more eggs! Due to hatch any day now!

40202a8083989416f03867429869de2a.jpg
620df48f3f4ee245a6f21e3cb00ddfb5.jpg

So cute! I rescued a Canada gosling also. She was so fun to raise. Once grown, She flew off and joined a local flock of Canada goose that stays here year around. I was happy she was able to find a mate. But it's awesome yours stuck around and mated to a Toulouse! I'd love to watch them grow!!

The Toulouse is sitting, and we were going to let her keep them as long as there isn't too much conflict endangering the goslings. She wanted to take my goslings too! Haha but she hates people too much to come that close.

Back
Top Bottom