Your Daily Cuteness for the Day

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Sooo, we were driving along some New Hampshire road when.... We saw a family of geese!!

They were already basically across the road but were just getting off it and onto the grass and let me.just saw that OMG AWWWWW THE BABIES WERE SO ADORABLE. It was also really cute how the parents kind of herd them along lol

No clue how many or how old but there were a lot, definitely over 5 and maybe closer to 8 or 10 even? Probably not 10 but maybe 6-8? SO CUTE though. They also seemed pretty young but not tiny (idk how big real young geese are?) but still real yellow but also with kind of a lot of grey/black. But I say again, SO CUTE.

I, unfortunately, did not get a picture because I was ogling at the cuteness, plus they were just far enough away it wouldn't work and I didn't think of it, but let me assure you that it was absolutely precious.

Also saw 2 turkeys, a sick/injured fox (so sad :(), and a MOOSE yesterday.

Did some small hikes to see waterfalls and things yesterday.

Been a great trip so far, going home tomorrow.

But just figured you guys would appreciate a story about a precious baby goose family :p

That sounds so beautiful.
love.gif
I love all animals, and nature. My hubby and I go every October up to the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, I just can't get enough. I'm there with you. Enjoy!!!
thumbsup.gif

That sounds so beautiful.   :love    I love all animals, and nature.   My hubby and I go every October up to the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, I just can't get enough.   I'm there with you.   Enjoy!!!  :thumbsup

It definitely was!! :D

I figure the population must be doing pretty well too if they had that many babies. And they must be good parents! Lol they were precious though.

And the waterfalls and rocks and everything were amazing too. Have a lot of pictures.

I agree though, I love nature and animals too and could live in the.mountains for forever!!

Canadian Geese are great parents - when they have a zillion babies I bet most of them survive. Whereas you can see a mallard mama with a dozen babies in single file behind her, and the next time she passes half are already gone. Just lacks backup., and doesn't even acknowledge some are missing. No fair. The geese dump 3-4 lbs. of poo every day(I've read) while the mallards - are so much kinder and don't leave dog size turds everywhere.

Canadian Geese are great parents - when they have a zillion babies I bet most of them survive.  Whereas  you can see a mallard mama  with a dozen babies in single file behind her,  and the next time she passes  half  are already gone.   Just lacks  backup., and doesn't even acknowledge  some are missing.    No fair.  The geese dump 3-4 lbs. of poo every day(I've read)  while the mallards - are so much kinder and don't leave dog size turds everywhere.

I definitely believe it!! They all looked healthy and happy too!

But really? Wow, interesting how different it is but it makes sense cause mallards don't have both parents, right?

But yes, the poo is definitely the unpleasant side!! Lol

Very true!! Definitely annoying but from the car they were cute :p lol

I saw this picture on Tumblr once of a pair in a big hige flower pot outside their work and apparently theyve nested there every year for a couple years. I would be scared they'd attack lol

Back
Top Bottom