Am I a boy or am I a girl??

ShellyBean20

In the Brooder
May 6, 2015
Longview, Wa
Hello all,

I'm new to the sight and new to chickens so I'm hoping for some expert opinions. I have 2 Black Copper Marans that I'm trying to guess the gender. Picture one is "Corn Flake." Corn Flake is easily double the size of my other chicks. He/she has a comb and small waddles. I would normally assume it's a roo, but here's my dilemma. Pic 2 is "Chicken Little." Chicken Little is half the size of Corn Flake, however Chicken Littles comb and waddles are as big if not bigger than Corn Flakes. So my question is, does Corn Flake in pic 1 look like a Roo, or maybe a pulled that's a week or 2 older than the other. Thanks for any advice!!

Corn Flake

Chicken Little

They were bought at a feed store in my town, so I don't know how much age difference there may be between them. I have had them for just over 4 weeks. First 2 pics are Chicken Little and second 2 are Corn Flake

Corn flake is definitely older which would explain the size difference but I think corn flake is a pullet. And chicken little is undoubtably a cockerel.

Thank you! I had to buy them straight run so I was crossing my fingers that I didn't have 2 cockerels out of the 3 BCM chicks I bought. Lol. Time will tell for sure though.
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom