coop floor??

CountryHaven

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2015
Southern Ontario Canada
Hi everyone.. building our first coop. Its 8 X12 and we made the floor out of plywood & 2x4s with insulation then another layer of plywood. Wondering if anyone lays anything down on the floor to make cleaning it out easier. Picturing the wood getting pretty gross even with covering it with shavings.... like a rubber mat or something?? any ideas??

Our coop floor is OSB, we painted it with DeckOver (bought it at Home Depot). We used it on our pool deck and it's held up very well. There is pine shavings over that.

My husband painted our coop floor with something called Blackjack I think. It is some sort of roofing stuff. It is working great. We will be building a new coop soon though and I will be using the stall mats from my goat house for the new coop. Might as well use what I have. They worked great for the goats, so they should work for the chickens.

We just set up our coop. I laid peel and stick vinyl flooring down. 1 foot square vinyl. I got them at my local hardware store for 37 cents a tile.

Back
Top Bottom