Greetings from South Carolina

Dan-o

Hatching
May 27, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Hello everyone,
I'm a first-timer who "inherited" three chickens from my wife's daughter and her boyfriend. Also a late starter, as I have been retired for 10 years, but figured my girls (Sade, Shrimp, and Grits) could provide entertainment for my new grandson. Have included their pics because I don't even know what varieties they are. Shrimp and Grits are the two white ones; Sade is the darker one who lays green eggs (If I had some ham I'd have a Dr. Suess book). Thanks very much for ID-ing them for me!
Dan-o
North Charleston, SC

Hi Dan-o, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I'd say your white ones are Leghorns and the darker girl is an Easter Egger (I'm not an expert, but that's what they look like to me). You and your grandson should have a lot of fun with those 3 and get plenty of eggs. Nice photographs!

If you have any questions, please just post.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you joined the flock!!
wee.gif

Many adventures await you and your flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around!!
big_smile.png

D.gif
jumpy.gif
-Turkenstein25
jumpy.gif
D.gif

@Dan-o , the multiple posts of gibberish on your welcome thread are not typical of the BYC community's communications. I hope they haven't given you a negative impression of this site. Glad to have you here.

Welcome to BYC, Dan-o. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a beautiful flock. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) I've been retired myself for 7 years and just enjoying raising chickens which is a wonderful experience for children (or grandchildren). My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom