HELP!!! Sick hen.

rjswain3315

Songster
8 Years
Aug 26, 2014
I have 7 girls and my barred Rock has fallen ill. It started about two weeks ago. She was lethargic, staying away form the other girls and having diarrhea. It seemed to get better tho. Then started again and got better, again! But this time is the worst. She stays away from the other girls, doesn't leave the pen to free range, is having bright yellow liquid diarrhea, has lost weight, is very lethargic. I checked her vent and it looks fine. Checked her for lice and mites and she doesn't have them. I just don't know what's going on with her. None of the other girls seem to be having any trouble. Please help, we've lost so many since we started last year I really would hate to lose another. :(

We don't have one locally, unfortunately.
She's been sick for two weeks now and probably needs serious supportive care. Is that something you can handle? It means bringing her inside, tubing fluids, then fluids and food. It also means addressing her illness by buying medications.

-Kathy

She's fine now. That's what I mean by on and off. She's up walking around eating drinking. Do you think she is just that heat intolerant? I just don't get it. She's in a separate pen and I went down and checked on her and she's talking to me like her old self.

I don't see any new poop. I'll check again in a few minutes. If she is what does that mean?

Back
Top Bottom