High Humidity in incubator

DIY. The rain here in central Ok has the air dripping humidity. I wondered if anyone knew of a way to get it down in the incubator. I tried more ventilation but it didn't change. I also tried putting in different things to absorb but no success.

Hmm, I've never had that problem.
Usually if mine is too high it's because I put too much water in and increasing ventilation solves the problem. I have heard unpopped pop corn. I would think uncooked rice would work too. Thats what we put in our salt shakers in the summer so the salt will actually come out.

I put in rice, sugar, salt, popcorn, dry bread.... I'm afraid to put damp dry in and it probably won't be enough anyway. It looks like the rain is going to slack off so hopefully I can get another batch to hatch.

I guess that is part of the reason I keep mine in the basement in the summer. There is a dehumidifier down there and some days that is the only place you can stand to be.
If you don't have ac, any chance you can get a dehumidifier for the room the incubator is in? If it is that humid it might be worth it because you will probably enjoy it as well.

I do have ac but my wife balks at bringing the bator in the house. She muttered something about that monstrosity I built. She didn't mind the styrofoam one. I haven't needed water for a month. The humidity was well over 90% Saturday and even with an inaccurate hygrometer it's too high. I've already lost a bunch of eggs.
I'm building a large room 12x15, in my shop and I'm going to ac it. It's the only way I can be in the shop in the summer. I'll be able to put the bator in there. Good call on the ac guys thanks.

Back
Top Bottom