3 chicks

jfreeman608

Hatching
May 29, 2015
Hey, I'm Jennifer in South Carolina. My 2 daughters have joined the 4H puller project this season. Making us the 3-chicks. Lol. I'm gonna need lots of help. Our 4H leader is awesome but I'm afraid I'll wear him out!

Welcome to BYC - and welcome to the wonderful world of poultry to you and your daughters! How old are your kids? There is something about kids and animals, and I have a personal soft spot for kids and chickens - what a wonderful opportunity and experience to give your daughters. We will be glad to help you here at BYC, but don't worry about wearing out that leader - those that choose to participate as leaders of the wonderful program that is 4-H do so because they truly want to be there to help and guide the kids and they especially enjoy being able to bring something new to a child who has not done something before. It may help to find another 4-H family who does poultry and seek them out as mentors for this year - while, unfortunately, not all families are open to helping others the vast majority of those who participate do so with a sense of community and welcome new folks to the various projects....this can be invaluable that first year in a particular animal barn as you are trying to learn the ropes of fair week.

Thank you for the warm welcome. My kids are 7 and 16! I had chickens as a child and I'm excited about being able to have them again. I know my girls are going to love being chicks!

Back
Top Bottom