Help is this coccidiosis??

BellsCluckers

Chirping
Apr 21, 2015
So yesterday all my chicks were doing great then later yesterday I noticed one chicks wings were drooping. That night when I brought them back to there coop with mama I heard two out front saw them one was the chick with drooping wings and the other one was one of the oldest chicks and it was doing worse than the one with the droopy wings. I brought them both in and had to tend to my child before I could investigate what was going on. When I look in the brooder the older one was already dead?? The droopy winged one is still alive and hasn't gotten any worse. Eats, drinks a little and no bloody stool?? I went to the coop this morning and there was two more dead chicks. I had 15 in all and now 12 left as of right now. A few more are getting droopy wings. Some of the chicks have had diarrhea since they were born didn't think it was going to last mama came down with some diarrhea too. But no blood is this coccidiosis or is this something else?? PLEASE anything will help me. I bought Corid today but what is the amount for chicks??

So yesterday all my chicks were doing great then later yesterday I noticed one chicks wings were drooping. That night when I brought them back to there coop with mama I heard two out front saw them one was the chick with drooping wings and the other one was one of the oldest chicks and it was doing worse than the one with the droopy wings. I brought them both in and had to tend to my child before I could investigate what was going on. When I look in the brooder the older one was already dead?? The droopy winged one is still alive and hasn't gotten any worse. Eats, drinks a little and no bloody stool?? I went to the coop this morning and there was two more dead chicks. I had 15 in all and now 12 left as of right now. A few more are getting droopy wings. Some of the chicks have had diarrhea since they were born didn't think it was going to last mama came down with some diarrhea too. But no blood is this coccidiosis or is this something else?? PLEASE anything will help me. I bought Corid today but what is the amount for chicks??

It certainly sounds like Cocci. The good news is that you have the Corid and these little guys respond really well to it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/818879/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing

So I read the link you sent me i am just wandering because I have a broody hen who is mothering the chicks I am using a gallon water holder so thats like 91/2 ml also is 91/2cc of corid for one day of treatment right??

Corid is given in water for 5-7days. Make a fresh batch everyday. Make sure the medicated water is the only drinking water they have. Chicks and hen should be allowed to drink all the water they want. Do not give them any vitamins until the treatment is over.

Last edited:
Corid is given in water for 5-7days. Make a fresh batch everyday. Make sure the medicated water is the only drinking water they have. Chicks and hen should be allowed to drink all the water they want. Do not give them any vitamins until the treatment is over.
so the amount of corid ratio to water is right?? 9.5ml corid : 1 gallon of water

or should i add more because of the severity of loosing three chicks in 24 hours?? I read the link that was posted but it only gives the amount in percentage and I have no idea what that is in cc or ml

One thing i will add though to my first post is that they all had diarrhea but from watching them now non are showing diarrhea anymore?? Their poop looks pretty normal.

Back
Top Bottom