My first Welsummer chick just hatched!!

cindy parker

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Sylvania Georgia
Tonight would officially be day 21 but I just got woke up just in time to see the zip:) I can see 8 more pipped as well! Some are marans. I locked down 21 eggs and am hoping for a better outcome this hatch than the last. I haven't touched this incubator, put the eggs upright in egg cartons, and had my husband install a computer fan in this not so great LG still air Digital 9300. I had mine hatch out of 21 last go around. Most of the chicks last time came out sticky and wet... Some even had the bottom of the egg dragging behind them from the cord that wasn't letting the egg go. This lite chick popped out this morning and the egg is clean... No sticky mess inside! Today is gonna be a long exciting day here. These are my first bought eggs! $20 a dozen but I drove to get them.

We lost one...something was wrong with his beak and he was very weak:( I hated to watch him die but I knew it was gonna happen. So...we started with 22 eggs...21 went in to lockdown. There are 7 left to hatch but one has pipped through a blood vessel and I can see quite a bit of blood so that one is probably not gonna make it. Not sure about the others either. We put the little holes in the top of the eggs this morning because the egg shells are so thick. I can see that all of them are breathing still but none have internally pipped. I hope they make it out. If not, that would be 14 out of 21 hatched. Better Thant last hatch but still disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom