eggs not hatching in incubator

angief

In the Brooder
May 30, 2015
I had 18 eggs to start with...have an rcom20 incubator that ive borrowed...on day 21 i had 5 of the 7 hatch and alot of movement from the other eggs...on day 22 i had 2 hatch that were due on that date...the chicks jostled the eggs around alot whch concerned me and now since the last one hatched on thursday there is no more movement of the eggs and no more have hatched...we candled a coue of the ones that were due last (awhile back) and kno there was a cpl there...would u say my eggs r do e or should i give em longer?

I let mine go until day 24. At that point I candle any of the ones that are left. If I see movement I leave them in. If there is no movement I stop. I have never had anything hatch though past day 24.

Ok..i will try that..thank you and obviously this is our first time usin an incubator to hatch chicks

Thanks....this is an awesome informational site..this is the first place we go to when we have questions bout anything :)

Angie, am I reading you correctly that you had a staggered hatch? If so, the higher humidity for the hatch of the first group may have been why the remaining eggs didn't hatch. It's very difficult to have a successful staggered hatch due to the varied humidity needs of the chicks at different stages of development. One day stagger would be ok, but more than that would be pushing the envelope. Congrats on your chicks!

I have another question....we now have a farm innovators 4200 incubator and gonna start a new batch...our question is how do u "control" the humidity in one of those...kinda got spoiled to the rcom 20 we borrowed..lol....we r tryin to figure it out before we put eggs n

You need a good hygrometer so you know what level your humidity is. From there just add water as needed to get % where you want it.

Thats what we r tryin to do now...ty...hopin to figure it out before eggs r ready to b put in it

Back
Top Bottom