Sex my bantams!

FluffyPuff

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 27, 2014
In my coop with my chicks!
I have six chicks right now (two months old) and I am 99.9% sure that two of them are roosters because both of them crow and they have large combs and waddles as well as a little bit of spur development and red stripping on their legs. The two that I just described are a mottled Cochin bantam and a mottled Japanese bantam. The others are silkies and one that I'm not too sure what she is but she is for sure a pure bred bantam of some kind. I think she is some kind of fleur. I'm pretty sure she is a she just because she doesn't crow and has a small pale comb. The rest are silkies. The silkies look like girls to me but I want to make sure so here are some pictures for you to help me sex them:

I was hoping to breed the silkies so If there aren't any males...what would a Japanese bantam silkie cross look like?

Try uploading to photobucket first and then only posting one photo at a time (unless you already tried this) :)

Ok it finally worked! Here are the silkies needing to be sexed...the first one is a black silkie named Fuzzy.

This next one is also a black silkie named Blackie.

Last but not least marshmallow.

Back
Top Bottom