impeyans?

risingeaglefarm

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 2, 2014
I'm thinking about getting impeyan eggs. Does anybody have these? How hard is hatching them? Can you keep them with peafowl?

What state are you in?Maybe I can find some one near you so you can pick them up instead of shipping them.Pheasant eggs don't hatch good when shipped.
In N.H.,Tony.

That would be great if you could. I'm looking on eBay and thinking about getting two for $100. Kinda pricey, esp if they might not hatch. Thanks

Hi, Buy them from Frank at Frank`s trade website. I bought from him and they hatched very well although shipped from New York to California. It is too late for the season, so better wait for the next season.The eggs of the end of the season have very high rate of failure. Also try to use a broody hen because the eggs are large and the egg turner in small incubators are not good for these types of eggs.

Hi, Buy them from Frank at Frank`s trade website. I bought from him and they hatched very well although shipped from New York to California. It is too late for the season, so better wait for the next season.The eggs of the end of the season have very high rate of failure. Also try to use a broody hen because the eggs are large and the egg turner in small incubators are not good for these types of eggs.

I find hatching Impeyans is much easier when hand turned 5 times a day. I use an old GQF 1500 series hatcher as my primary incubator for large breeds such as Monals and earred pheasants.
I have hatched a few this season and have more growing in the incubator. Also, the larger breeds in my experience continue to lay after the breeding has ended so its a real gamble and one with the odds stacked against you between shipping and late season eggs. I may have a couple or three unrelated pairs by the fall. Right now I have about 6 chicks from 1 week to 1 month old. Here is a pic of the last 3 hatched from SJ&L farms (S. Carolina) I also have 3 hatched from Hiedi S. Oklahoma.

Back
Top Bottom