Teenage Chicks

Becca51

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2015
Tennessee
It has been several years since I have raised any chickens. So I would like to have a refresher coarse on when to take them off of starter/grower and if and when they need anything special done to insure their good health. They are Barred Rock chicks that are 3 months old and are thriving on this feed but wanted to know for sure what is best.

Welcome! Leave them on grower until all are laying eggs, with oyster shell on the side. You can then either switch to a layer feed, or continue with an all flock feed, Flock Raiser, for example. Continue with oyster shell on the side. Mary

Thanks Mary . . . . They seem to be doing great . . .Gomer my rooster started crowing about 3 weeks ago and yesterday we got our first three eggs 2 light brown and one blue. Three more this morning all light to medium brown.
When I purchased these birds the lady said they were purebred Barred Rocks . . .but if that is the case where did the blue egg come from? Could there have been an Ameraucana in the mix somewhere?

Thank You again.

Back
Top Bottom