urgent help needed pleeeeaseee could anybody help me??

MJessy

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2015

Hi I'm new here..hatching for the first time! My eggs are day 16 beginn 17 now (in Europe its 3 in the morning)
These are my only two chicks and I had them from the first day on 40-55 humidity.. now I'm very worried about the air cells ..are they too small??
Please could you guys help me..I can't sleep because of this.. I decreased in that moment the humidity to 25-30 Pleaseeee could you give me any advices I dont want ro loose them!!!
Blood vessels and chick are ok, moving and in right position..
Oh please somebody??
Kisses Jessy

They look they they are okay, they could be a little bigger but they're not too terribly small. Here's a handy chart you can consult:

MJessyJoined: 6/2015Posts: 5onlineOoh wow so great thank you so much for writing so quick!!! I know these charts but I just can't imagine it on my eggs.. first hatch ever..  they are so cute moving in the eggs .. I would feel terribly making mistakes..Could you answer me one more question please? Should I leave them from now till day 18 on 25-30 humidity??And at lockdown.. how much should I increase it?You're really so nice thanks a lot for helping so quick
Jessy

I agree that isn't too awfully small. I am also on day 16. Good luck!

I would definitely leave the humidity down until lockdown, then up to around 70-75%. That's my plan for Friday.

I agree that isn't too awfully small. I am also on day 16. Good luck!

I would definitely leave the humidity down until lockdown, then up to around 70-75%. That's my plan for Friday.
xs 2 they are a bit small, but not awful. I would ddefinitely keep your humidity in that 25-30% range for the rest of the hatch. (I aim for 30-35% for the first 17 days and check air cells. If I can run dry and stay above 25% I do.) Then up to 70-75% for hatch. If you are still worried about them being too small at lockdown, you can hatch them upright in cut down egg cartons to keep any excess fluid from entering the air cell at internal pip.

Back
Top Bottom