destruction and disposal orders HELP

johnskoi

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Boydton, VA (relocated from Long Island)
My Coop
My Coop
i've got a flock of 40+ peafowl, 30ish geese and goslings and 50 ish silkie s/g 's.... i ordered peacock eggs from a eggs from someone in SD... her quail eggs came back pos ... they came here two days ago and took samples from my flock and eggs... all tests came back NEGATIVE .. they show up today and want to kill my birds ... i'm on the phone with lawyers as i'm typing.... i don't see why they can't just quarantine me....any help and quick help would be a GREATLY APPRECIATED the virus her quail eggs had was high path avian influenza....thanks (and if my birds ever showed anything POSITIVE, i'd be more than willing to comply)

adding my phone # because every second counts right now 631-210-4127

Last edited:
My prayers are with you and your flock. I hope you can stop them.
hugs.gif
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Patty

I can tell you that I would be following up with a lawsuit of my own, to sue every person involved in this charade. Be sure you get all names, and credentials. Time, date, recording of conversations, be sure they know you are recording. Have witnesses present who are not related to you.

You can contact the American Center for Law and Justice 1-800-684-3110. They deal with issues dealing with religious freedom, and if they can't help with this issue, they can point you in the right direction. I'd also recommend that you call your local and state news agencies and make a public stink about it. But, this resort may be difficult as... the public is being whipped into a fear mongered frenzy about AI.

one of the reasons that i've enjoyed moving to VA was because i knew they had tougher 'poultry laws' and felt good about selling eggs from here...i'm finding out that this is more of a political move (supposedly goes all the way up to an okay from the governor) than anything..... as much i truly have enjoyed being here(i couldn't have asked for better neighbors), if they take my birds, i don't think i could stay and be happy -- i will find a way to civilly expose everybody involved for what they are until i leave (at this point, i wouldn't be surprised if i died trying)--- these birds are my life and have gotten me through many hard times --- shame on the government for allowing HEALTHY birds to be put down on political paranoia... once again, if my birds came back positive, i'd hesitantly comply, but any tests so far have been NEGATIVE... .................i need to vent................

and my lawyer got here almost immediately --- unfortunately the order seems to be above anything she can do-- the powers that be, seem to have decided what will be done and there's really nothing that can be done aside from going after each and every person that is making this happen until after the fact....i'm going to take videos of the flock to show how healthy they are/were....

what may be my last video of my babies ... http://youtu.be/1pGKkSpRt4g ( i swear a little) ...the more phone calls that i make i see JUST HOW political this IS ... if ANY one of them had a close family member in MY shoes, the option of every other day testing would be carried out --- i don't know the right people, so even though THAT OPTION WAS OFFERED TO ME ON DAY 1, they've since renegged on it -- another thing is the 'possible' fomites (pea eggs that MAY have been exposed) ARE negative, they came from an NPIP AI tested source... if i don't sign off (give the ok to kill), i won't be reimbursed and it will happen anyway---------i'm not signing --- but someday , i will expose them for what they are .... i signed off on the eggs in hopes they find NOTHING and rest a little easier........... i have a feeling that the reason the people weren't the same as last time, was because they KNOW what's REALLY going on and don't want to be a part of it..i think the usda now has to follow thru with their 'threats' or someoneS won't look good..... if i can, i will update as possible -- my computer and phone are 'acting up' a little... and thank you all for being there... may they all suck eggs( the ai kind)...

what may be my last video of my babies ... http://youtu.be/1pGKkSpRt4g ( i swear a little) ...the more phone calls that i make i see JUST HOW political this IS ... if ANY one of them had a close family member in MY shoes, the option of every other day testing would be carried out --- i don't know the right people, so even though THAT OPTION WAS OFFERED TO ME ON DAY 1, they've since renegged on it -- another thing is the 'possible' fomites (pea eggs that MAY have been exposed) ARE negative, they came from an NPIP AI tested source... if i don't sign off (give the ok to kill), i won't be reimbursed and it will happen anyway---------i'm not signing --- but someday , i will expose them for what they are .... i signed off on the eggs in hopes they find NOTHING and rest a little easier........... i have a feeling that the reason the people weren't the same as last time, was because they KNOW what's REALLY going on and don't want to be a part of it..i think the usda now has to follow thru with their 'threats' or someoneS won't look good..... if i can, i will update as possible -- my computer and phone are 'acting up' a little... and thank you all for being there... may they all suck eggs( the ai kind)...

Don't put too much hope in the law and lawyers. It seems that your flock "MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED" under the current state of things, may, could have, and possibly may have been is a death sentence.

The slight chance that your fowl may have, could have, and may have been a way that a relative benign virus found a way around the authorities is sure to rake in a promotion and a middle 6 figure cash bonus for some nameless, faceless, nanny state bureaucrat whose thankless job it is to yank us kicking and screaming from under the powerful right foot of the Politically Correct Nature Goddess Nemesis.

I really feel for you. And really sorry. I don't understand why they can't quarantine your birds. They won't be able to eliminate the disease because it is mostly spread by wild birds. What are they going to do cull all the wild birds too. It really doesn't make any sense, especially as they have tested negative. Those are exceptionally beautiful birds. What a waste.

Back
Top Bottom