Help!! Deep freezer issues!

amchugh620

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
We processed out birds on 17 days ago. We put the meat in the deep freezer and we found out the freezer never got below 30 degrees. Then we lost power today. When I just checked on the meat it was very cold, but squishy. It did crunch when I pressed on it. Is it safe to move to a different freezer?? Thanks so much for any advice.

I think basically it's been refrigated for 17 days if I'm reading that right?.....

I think it's going to depend on how cold very cold is, is there juice in the packages? If there is and have been for 17 days you have real issues. Any smell at all? At 30 degrees they may have iced over if they did you may have a chance.

I'm sure you gonna get opinions both ways on this, only you can know if they safe to eat. I actually have my freezers insured under my farm policy for this exact reason. I would say if you any doubt at all don't eat them.

I think basically it's been refrigated for 17 days if I'm reading that right?.....

I think it's going to depend on how cold very cold is, is there juice in the packages? If there is and have been for 17 days you have real issues. Any smell at all? At 30 degrees they may have iced over if they did you may have a chance.

I'm sure you gonna get opinions both ways on this, only you can know if they safe to eat. I actually have my freezers insured under my farm policy for this exact reason. I would say if you any doubt at all don't eat them.

There was no liquid in the package that I could tell at all. :( I'm so bummed about this. If I make sure to cook it very well could we still get sick?

I
There was no liquid in the package that I could tell at all. :( I'm so bummed about this. If I make sure to cook it very well could we still get sick?

I think if you have to ask the answer is no...

Do you have children? if you do and wouldn't feed it to them than don't eat it

Call a restaurant or supermarket and ask their policies for frozen meat....give your situation as an example, maybe? I'd imagine their frozen meat policies are written based on health codes and such.

Back
Top Bottom