Turkey Strroke and Feet

dragonlady12

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 12, 2013
My poor tom, Buttercup, seems to have had a stroke. At least, we think so. He was lethargic for a few days, then he started coming back, but now he leans a bit to the left and forgets what he is doing at times. We are loving him and making sure he's cared for. He eats and drinks with no issues and he seems to be back to normal, except for the lean. Has anyone seen this happen before?

Also, his poor feet. I've looked for sores or cuts on the bottoms of his feet and looked for black spots for bumblefoot but there aren't any. We noticed that the tops of his feet and legs seem to be cracking. Do they shed their scales on their legs and feet? I'm including pics I took yesterday so someone might be able to take a look and either tell me what's wrong or tell me to quit being a worried mommy.

Thanks guys!

I think that his feet are OK. I have friends who had a tom that had a stroke one summer. They put a window air conditioner on blocks in their garage, and he would spend all day sitting in the cool air - did this for several summers until he finally died.

Thank you. I figured the skin on their legs would stretch and slough off as he grew. I just wanted to make sure that he's as comfy as possible. He has a hurt right leg/hip as well from trying to be a dare devil turkey when he was only about 7-8 months old. Screwed up a landing coming out of the coop. Silly dude.

Back
Top Bottom