WHERE can I get replica turkey eggs?!?!?!!!

AthenasOwl

Songster
5 Years
May 6, 2014
Olympia, Washington
I have a hen who refuses to lay in the coop and she has lost 5 or 6 different nests. It is too late this year for planting dummy eggs, but I MUST be ready for next year. Where do you guys go for them?

I have looked all over the net, but have been unsuccessful. My heart is breaking for my hen.

We are hoping to build a new coop where she will be totally closed in, but with finances, it isn't working out so well, at this time. The dummy eggs are the best deterrent that I can think of at this time.

Thanks,
Colette

I have a hen who refuses to lay in the coop and she has lost 5 or 6 different nests. It is too late this year for planting dummy eggs, but I MUST be ready for next year. Where do you guys go for them?

I have looked all over the net, but have been unsuccessful. My heart is breaking for my hen.

We are hoping to build a new coop where she will be totally closed in, but with finances, it isn't working out so well, at this time. The dummy eggs are the best deterrent that I can think of at this time.

Thanks,
Colette

As @ChickenCanoe says you can use fake chicken eggs.

To the best of my knowledge,no one is selling fake turkey or guinea eggs. I got the oven curable clay and made my own fake ceramic guinea eggs. You could do the same to make a fake turkey egg and you could paint random spots on it before glazing it.

For the turkeys, I bought the ceramic goose eggs from

http://www.ceramiceggs.com/

Last edited:
just a thought. Can one boil eggs till cooked and leave in shell and use them as dummy eggs?
Otherwise usually feed stores should carry them. look up for feed stores within your area and call them and ask. If they do not , ask if you are able to special order them.

This is probably what I will have to do. My Turkey hen can tell the difference between a chicken and turkey egg. She isn't dense like the chickens. I am artistic enough to be able to paint on a few dots here and there so it will look the same. I am so angry that she lost another nest to predators again. We also have had ravens and crows getting our eggs. Thank you for the suggestion...She will be a mother one way or another!

just a thought. Can one boil eggs till cooked and leave in shell and use them as dummy eggs?
Otherwise usually feed stores should carry them. look up for feed stores within your area and call them and ask. If they do not , ask if you are able to special order them.

Cooking the eggs will not keep them from rotting.

It is possible to "blow" eggs which is done by putting a small hole in each end and then blowing the yolk and white out the other end leaving an empty egg shell. Once dried I would mix up a thin slurry of plaster of paris and try to get the inside of the egg coated with it in order to make the shell stronger and to give it a believable weight. Once the shell is sufficiently reinforced I would seal the ends and put a protective glaze over it.

http://www.wikihow.com/Blow-Out-Eggs

Back
Top Bottom