New hoop coop

blucoondawg

Songster
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Northern Wisconsin
I'm gonna throw a hoop coop together for my meat chicks tomorrow, probably be around 8x12 then I'll have a large area electric fence around it for them to range should be a good project. Almost wish I would have built a large hoop coop for my layers it would have been far cheaper.

However invented the hoop coop deserves some sort of metal. Cheap and effective.
smile.png

Best of luck to you!

I'm gonna throw a hoop coop together for my meat chicks tomorrow, probably be around 8x12 then I'll have a large area electric fence around it for them to range should be a good project. Almost wish I would have built a large hoop coop for my layers it would have been far cheaper.

yeah, tell me about the cost of building a new strong, insulated, preditor proof hen house and run... I think we are going to have the most expensive housing for our chickens.... my husband was figuring up how many Eggs we have to sell to make it into the black....lol

I love my hoop houses! One is a green house, the other is a coop - both are 10 by 8. In the winter, I split up the flock and put half in the greenhouse and the other half in the coop with greenhouse plastic instead of the tarp.

yeah, tell me about the cost of building a new strong, insulated, preditor proof hen house and run... I think we are going to have the most expensive housing for our chickens.... my husband was figuring up how many Eggs we have to sell to make it into the black....lol

Lol. I told my wife that we cannot figure the cost of the coop and run into our eggs or we'll never break even.

Lol. I told my wife that we cannot figure the cost of the coop and run into our eggs or we'll never break even.

I know, right? We were all sweaty and so hot from carrying all that lumber over to coop area, and he said "and we're getting paid in eggs!" And we just both started laughing..... good grief! Oh well I have sure enjoyed them..

I know, right? We were all sweaty and so hot from carrying all that lumber over to coop area, and he said "and we're getting paid in eggs!" And we just both started laughing..... good grief! Oh well I have sure enjoyed them..

I love to fish. Boats are money pits. But throwing a little money into a pit seems like a pittance when a fish is on the line.

Soooooo excited for our first eggs :)

I love to fish. Boats are money pits. But throwing a little money into a pit seems like a pittance when a fish is on the line.

Soooooo excited for our first eggs :)

I must say that our hens are getting so tame because we're out there everyday with them... they had some more watermelon and some scratch.... we're going to town tomorrow so we'll pick up working on Thursday... we're putting up the framing for the wire... so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer, then we have to go back and do the finishing touches.... the wire is on its way by FedEx so I'm crossing my fingers it gets here before the weekend.... but if not Monday is okay.... oh I'm so tired and hot!!!

I must say that our hens are getting so tame because we're out there everyday with them... they had some more watermelon and some scratch.... we're going to town tomorrow so we'll pick up working on Thursday... we're putting up the framing for the wire... so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer, then we have to go back and do the finishing touches.... the wire is on its way by FedEx so I'm crossing my fingers it gets here before the weekend.... but if not Monday is okay.... oh I'm so tired and hot!!!

Oh, and you're right, I can hardly wait for our first egg, too......hahahahaha

curious about your 'framing for the wire'? how are you building this hoop coop?

I love my cattle panel run. the wife wanted the coop itself to look like a playhouse, so that's what she got. But the run is a cattle panel hoop run. Covered in hardware cloth and landscape cloth (partially) easy to build, easy to get into plenty of room for the kids.....

Back
Top Bottom