Finished pullet coop

mtnchickens303

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2015
Denver
I've finally finished the pullet coop and here are some pics!

Its 2.5ft wide, 8ft long and 3ft tall. Just like my larger coop this is 100% reused materials. The base frame and A frame was left over from an unfinished project so that spead up building alot. The 2x4s had one new one in the pile so maybe 97% reused haha! Wood fence pannels made up alot of the floor, walls and roof. The wire i found is from an old fence and is very very heavy duty stuff. I tacted it down good with fencing nails then covered the edges with wood to make it harder for critters to get in. The window covers make it safe at night and give the coop plenty of air flow during the day when open. The very small area with an open window lets them come outside the coop whenever they want and the door on the very end is so i can let them into a mobile pen a few hours a day. Once they are big enough to mix in with the bigger hens they will leave this coop. The coop doesnt have nester boxes because there will never be big hens in it. It is low to the ground now but its built to keep out raccoons and skunks. It would be really easy to build a raised platform if i need to, fingers crossed i have no issues. The tin for the roof was in a stack and had no holes, score! Now my nine little fowl friends can really stretch their legs and finally go outside.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! It is cool to recycle but beyond that its cool to teach a friend a new skill. They seem to like their new home and arent quite sure about outside yet. Its my first mobile coop but not my last im sure lol

Back
Top Bottom