16% all flock feed

kntrybumpkin

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2015
We have laying hens and guinea I have recently got the all flock feed now we have a hen sitting on eggs my question is when chicks hatch can they also have the all flock or do I have to have chick feed

We currently keep them seperate with chick feed and everyone else was on layer til we switched over after mixing guinea with chickens but I'm wandering because the bag says for chicks to laying hens and ducks guinea it's for mixed flocks didn't know if I could just let the hens and chicks stay with the rest of the flock and not go through trouble of moving everyone if they can really all share the same feed... Easier and cheeper

x2. The chicks starter and all flock I get is 20% protein. However, the layer pellets and crumbles I occasionally buy is 16%. I would go for a feed with a little higher protein content, especially for the guinea.

Yes I bought it at orschelns 16% all flock it's as high as they had but I'm going to mfa to see what % they have

I don't have experience with guineas.

My all-in-one is 18% and I feed it to everyone, chicks to layers to roosters. We've even got a couple elderly drakes in the coop, that's what they eat also. Chicks grow up fine, pullets lay on schedule and cockerels are fine for the table.

Local mfa only sells 16 layer crumble or med chick starter/grower the only all flock feed at orschelns is 16 also small towns in bfe I guess

Back
Top Bottom