How do I know if my goose is a girl or a boy ?

Almond goose

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 3, 2015
Iowa
I have 2 African Geese Buddy and Heidi when they where little I guest Heidi was a girl and Buddy a boy but I have doubts now can someone help me. I will add a pic. later.

Last edited:
I have 2 African Geese Buddy and Heidi when they where little I guest Heidi was a girl and Buddy a boy but I have doubts now can someone help me. I will add a pic. late.r
ages and pics will be most helpful.

Although African gander will have a much larger Knob than a African goose will

Welcome to BYC

Last edited:
When Buddy was younger he had angel wing and still dose I tried to fix it but it dint work. Heidi on the other hand her left wing was droping but that was soon fixed.

Last edited:
If you can get a picture of the 2 from ground level, it will help. It does appear that you have a pair, but will help to see legs and neck length comparison also. Hens voice is deeper, ganders have a high pitch. Lovely geese!
On the angel wing, when the bird molts, you can try to fix it again, thats the best time. I use vet wrap, and what worked for me is to wrap around the body first, then, wrap the wing to the body. This helped it stay for almost a week, and repaired the wing.

If you can get a picture of the 2 from ground level, it will help. It does appear that you have a pair, but will help to see legs and neck length comparison also. Hens voice is deeper, ganders have a high pitch. Lovely geese!
On the angel wing, when the bird molts, you can try to fix it again, thats the best time. I use vet wrap, and what worked for me is to wrap around the body first, then, wrap the wing to the body. This helped it stay for almost a week, and repaired the wing.
That's a great idea waiting till molt when they start growing in heir new feathers to wrap .

Back
Top Bottom