Nellie is Sneezing/Coughing/Wheezing - please help

LuckysMom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
South Carolina
Nellie is making a weird kind of coughing/sneezing kind of yelping noise. This will happen once or twice and then not again for about 15 or 20 minutes. Also her breathing sounds like a moaning sound sometimes. Right now she's breathing quietly. She's just standing in one spot. Her eyes and beak look clear to me, I don't see any drainage or dampness.
I took her away from the rest of the flock and brought her into the house where it's warm. We've had our first cold snap of the year and we've had frost the last few nights. I haven't seen her eat or drink anything since I brought her into the house an hour ago.
I sent my DH for the store for cider vinegar. But how much do I put into the water? I don't have any medicine on hand. I can get something tomorrow.
The rest of the flock is okay. This came on suddenly, she was okay yesterday.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A Tablespoon to a gallon is fine, even 2 TBSPs wont hurt. Hope she perks up soon. I really dont know what it could be, though. I wouldn't just medicate without any real direction to go in. Just separate her from everyone, give her scrambled eggs and yogurt daily with the ACV in the water and see how she does in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Thank you for the ACV info.
She hasn't sneezed/coughed in a couple of hours and she's eaten a little food and drank some water. I'm hoping she'll be alright.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom