Australians - Where are you all????

Pics

kezabel

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Charmhaven - Australia
Hi to everyone, I'm pretty new to this site and was wondering how many australians are among the members.
caf.gif

I am really enjoying this site and come back at least 3 times a day for a read and to get advice. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions.
hugs.gif

So where are all the Aussies??? Holla Back Aussies with where in this great big land you live.
frow.gif

Me, I'm From NSW a Suburb called Charmhaven Its on the Central Coast of NSW about an hours drive north of sydney.
bun.gif

cool.png
G`Day mate !! Glad to hear that someone else from Australia. We are in Launceston Tasmania, so somewhat cooler than your area. Have had alot of great holidays in your neck of the woods- it is beautiful there.
We are new to chickens - having only had them for the last 8 weeks. We have bantam australorps and columbian wyandottes in bantam variety too.
I agree this is a great website full of really interesting info. Have a great weekend
Bantamenance
smile.png

Yay 4 Aussies so far lol:celebrate
Not that many of us on ere, maybe not many aussies have backyard chickens
hmm.png

Hi five for Aussie Sharon,Bantamence, Peepsnbunnies and
big_smile.png
Chicken. Nice to meet you all!!!
wee.gif

We Have 4 Bantams, 1 Langshan hen and 1Cochin and 2 crosses.
So far we've got 5 eggs from them, but I'm sure its only one of the chickens laying them(Langshan).
clap.gif

If you see any other Aussies on ere tell them to head for this thread and mark their place in Oz!!!!

Have a Great Day Everyone!!!
thumbsup.gif

big_smile.png
lucky for you with 5 eggs! we are still waiting for any to appear
sad.png
we were promised all female chicks when we bought them but now 2 crow every morning!! Now we love them too much to do anything and they have such lovely little natures, always following around the garden making their little chicken noises!! so cute
smile.png

We had the same problem bantamenace, We bought 4 chickens from the local produce store, they were about 13 weeks old and the owner said that the 4 we had picked out were all hens but after about 1 week we started to see a change in them and realised 2 were rosters. :(My hubby said we can't keep them because of the neighbours, so we found a lady who takes unwanted poultry and she was able to take them and she also gave us 2 bantam hens in return which I thought was great.
big_smile.png
We also were getting attached to them all but she told me that she finds good homes for them so I was relieved. Maybe there is someone in your area that will swap with you as well.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
cool.png
That is great that you found a swap. i have someone that is happy to take them on the condition that they will be dinner
sad.png
We will see how they go a little while longer. Hopefully will find a good home so we can visit! Nice to have met you
big_smile.png

Catch up soon
Juanita (Bantamenace)

hey that is so cool u got eggs! my chicks r to young one of them is on my lap right now she is a very sweet buff orpington and seriously do they have better food in australia than outback stakehouse cuz thats the closest most people get to australian here! lol we should try some real food and my teacher went to australia and she said lemon ants r really good but i have never tried them is it true they taste like lemons?
love hearing from u all!
celebrate.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom