Anyone here have Fibromyalgia?

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
I was wondering if anyone here had Fibromyalgia. I have it and have had it for 20 yrs and it seems to be getting worse. But my chickens are my therapy.

The weather has been playing havoc with my body lately.

I justed wanted to see if anyone shares the pain.

jackie

Yes I have it also going on 15 yrs:) yep sure does a number on your body:( but the birds sure keep me going, email me anytime ill gladly talk with you [email protected]
nice to meet someone else who suffers the same pain I do;)

Okay, i'm going to jump in then. i only hesitated because i mentioned it before and got some grief from a member regarding my medications. i am always happy to talk to someone else with this condition, as it can really isolate you. Hard to go out and be social when you're in excruciating pain. Like today, i am in a world of hurt, as i have had to go out every day this week. Now the over-exertion has caught up with me.

But yes, these chickens are balls of fluffy therapy. And on that note, i think perhaps i really enjoy the company of animals because they are so simple, and their sounds are soothing. Actually, right after i became really sick and my doctor took me off work, i moved up to a remote cabin in the mountains to find some peace and quiet and healing. i lived there for a year and a half with no one to talk to but my cats, and never got lonely once. Ah, such peace!

Jackie, I'm sorry you are suffering with fibromyalgia. Are you taking a good magnesium supplement, such as magnesium malate? Another way to raise your magnesium levels and bypass the laxative effect is to apply magnesium oil to your skin, or do foot soaks. It really isn't an oil, it is a concentrated solution of Mg chloride used for transdermal applications.

Also, T-Tapp exercise is good for moving the stagnant lymph which will help you feel better. Gentle rebounding on a rebounder helps as well. There are several people at the t-tapp forum that have fibromyalgia and they say the Mg oil and the exercise have helped them immensely.
Stephanie

Hencackle my mom has fibromyalgia and we were wondering what is T-Tapp?

I live with my mom
roll.png
and this condition is one of the reasons. She also has a few other health problems that make it impossible for her to live alone.

Bobbie and Airheart,

It's nice to know someone understands the pain. Airheart, I'm sorry you got grief over the medication you take. I don't know what you take but I look at it this way unless someone has walked a mile in your shoes no one knows what they would take.

Hencackle, I have taken Magnesium for years and I can't tell any difference when I quit it than when I took it.

It looks like I'm probably going to quit my job at the end of this school year.

jackie

My doctor told me there is no such thing as fibromyalgia and the aches and pains are sometimes unbearable. So I had to take some Celebrex but nasty side effects does not help the aches and pains in muscles and joints.

I have Fibromyalgia. I don't know how long I've had it, for years I'd guess. My doctors never figured it out until I got married and moved to Colorado. So I've known for about 2.5 years that I've had it.

My biggest frustration is that others just don't understand my limitations. If I work at my own speed and pace, I can usually go for a long time. If somebody tries to force me to work at their pace I poop out really fast.

The other thing they don't understand is the over-exertion. I over do it one day, and it may take several to get back to normal. I guess to them, what they want is more important than how I feel, so they just don't care.

Also, the meds aren't hardly working at all. They took Bextra off the market, and that's about the only thing that worked for me. My foot doctor gave it to me for a totally unrelated problem, and I took it one day and thought WOW, I really feel pretty good. Didn't help my feet much, but the rest of me felt pretty good. Then I started hording it and saving it for days when I felt really bad. (remember I hadn't be diagnosed yet) Forget the feet! heck the rest of me was more important.

So now I'm just trying to make do with some less than optimum meds.
sad.png
And the weather is turning cool. Last year was a total nightmare for me.

I have to admit, the birds are really fun and I enjoy them alot. My DH tells me I have to stop thinking of them as chickens and start thinking of them as dollar bills, since we are trying to makes some money raising them and on eggs. He thinks all the time I spend with them as money. But just because I enjoy spending time with them doesn't mean It's costing more. I'm spending my relaxing time with them. I enjoy it, it's my entertainment. And yeah, it helps distract from the pain.

I wish people who live around people with any kind of illness, would take the time to educate themselves on what's going on. I think there would be a lot less frustration on both ends.

Back
Top Bottom