Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Recently there have been some topics throughout the news and internet of a political nature.

These topics quickly found its way to BYC. The staff decided to allow the topic with the hope that the discussion would remain civil and members would be able to discuss it without contention or flaming & trolling.

Unfortunately the threads started to receive a plethora of replies that were not appropriate and feelings were hurt then the reports came flying in. After numerous warnings and cleanups the BYC staff discussed it and decided it was just too heated to remain an open discussion.

We strongly discourage topics that involve religion and politics. This is not because we feel these topics should not be discussed, we just know they shouldn't and can't be discussed here. This is based on over 60 combined years experience in working with this community and is re-validated every time a discussion like this comes up (and our report box is filled up).

We encourage our members to learn about and become involved in the political process, but we've decided to take a very strong stand on the tone of discussions held here at BYC.

Again, we regret that we have to remove and sometimes prohibit these discussions from happening on BYC, but have found that the cons of allowing them outweigh the pros.

thumbsup.gif

I agree. We are ALL politically engaged enough with our interest in keeping birds that are as foreign to many people as zoo animals, and that is ENOUGH of a political statement!

Sorry, my fault... I have too much fun taunting. People fight, I make jokes... its all fun and games until it becomes political
lau.gif
*snort*

I avoid any discussion of politics or religion whether it's online, at the quilt meeting, with my parents, with my neighbors or pretty much anyone but hubby. Keeps me sane that way. Not that I ever was sane by normal everyday standards... I've been called inane more than a few times in my life
Crazy_1181.gif

ETA... oh and thank you moderators!!

Last edited:
OMG, you had to be crazy to want to do that!
th.gif

politics on the internet... especially in a chat room... yikes!!

My sanity is often in question because of this. The democrats all swore I was a right-wing wack job. All the republicans thought I was a bleeding-heart liberal. I figure since I ticked everyone off equally I must have been doing my job right...LOL​

Back
Top Bottom