Hello from Seattle

hallerlake

Songster
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Seattle
I'm getting my first chicks soon. They are still in the brooder at my son's place. He got seduced by little balls of fluff around Easter. He has always loved soft, fuzzy things. The minimum purchase was more than he's allowed in the city, so I'm taking the extras off his hands. I'm getting an A-frame tractor coop sometime this week. I'll be getting a Buff Orpington, a Rhode Island Red, a White Leghorn, and an Amercauna (not an easter egger). One of the chicks turned out to be a rooster (the BO), but my husband won't let me take Fabio. I'm hoping that my son can sound proof his coop enough that the neighbors won't complain, and he can keep it. The maximum here is three on a standard lot, but you are allowed more on a larger lot. I have a shy half acre. My intention is to let them out with supervision at times during the day. I've got some trepidations, but I'm also excited.

welcome-byc.gif
from a neighbor in Renton.

There's lots of us Washingtonians here.

Check out the Washingtonians thread in the Where are you forum

Imp

Hello neighbor! We've got three 8week olds here in the Columbia City neighborhood. There are so many urban chickens around now in Seattle--we have 2 other houses (that I know of, maybe more!) just on our block! And I've heard there are a lot of people with chickens in the Ballard area--some of the pet stores are even selling chick feed in that area.

Back
Top Bottom