upside down fire building for wood heat.

It will not show anything.
pop.gif

I kinda do this when I have a HUGE split that I just cannot get smaller with my maul. You know, one of those that has 20 maul marks on it and you give up.

I stuff it into the cold stove in the morning, because I'm too chicken to try to see if it fits in the stove when everything's on fire in there. Then I stuff some smaller diameter branches, pieces of cardboard, and crumpled up paper to the right or left of it, and LIGHT!!

droolin.gif

I LOVE my woodstove.

I kinda do this when I have a HUGE split that I just cannot get smaller with my maul. You know, one of those that has 20 maul marks on it and you give up.

I stuff it into the cold stove in the morning, because I'm too chicken to try to see if it fits in the stove when everything's on fire in there. Then I stuff some smaller diameter branches, pieces of cardboard, and crumpled up paper to the right or left of it, and LIGHT!!

I LOVE my woodstove.

I'm obsessed with my woodstove! and chickens, and dogs, and now I'm about to start archery!
woot.gif

I love to head out to the high desert and load up on standing dead wood. Pinion pine mainly, but this year I was able to harvest oak off the mountain because of a fire that that left acres of dead standing groves. Just burned the bark and small branches and left the trunks perfectly seasoned and ready to be blocked out.

Thanks for the tip..
big_smile.png

I like it! I will do it in the AM.. We use white birch bark to start fires. It burns long and hot, also smells great if the draft is not right...
wink.png

Soon I will not have to worry about starting fires, as the wood stove will be running 24x7 as our only heat unless we leave town... In the AM just stir and add more logs...
We love wood heat and the money we save.. It keeps a family of 4 in a 900 sqft house sane in winter. (November to May) in my climate.. The wood stove is in the center of our house and is the center of our lives.. The boys get dressed for school in the AM in front of the stove, all our winter outerwear hangs by it so it dries and is toasty warm when we go outside into the standard subzero temps...

Yes we love our woodstove...
love.gif

Oh yes, power splitter no hand maul, Farmi logging winch on the back of the tractor bucket on the front, lots of slabs from the sawmill...

Indeed we take wood seriously at our place... When I need a break from being covered in sawdust.. I visit the chickens...
cool.png

Be Well
ON

Sounds like our home, nice! Except no power spitter, no tractor, just a small Husqavana, a mexican 8lb maul and a wedge and an old Toyota 4x4 longbed.

I've changed the way I burn. Instead of steadily adding wood through out the day, I burn in cycles. When I feel the house cooling down say maybe 68 degrees or so, I open the stove, scoop out the soft ash, rake the coals to the front, then add about 5 pieces. I stack 'em in loose if I want to heat up the place quick, or pack 'em tight if I want it to last. It is rare to see any smoke coming from my chimney. It is good to keep that chimney hot to avoid creosote buildup. Home is where the hearth is!

Quote:
Yep.. A true Pro..!
Scoop the ashes hot.. Then toss in more wood.

I Inherited the wood splitter, and use the tractor as part of my meager living as a self employeed individual.... Oh yes 4 chainsaws too.
wink.png

ON

Back
Top Bottom