BYC Chat Is Live (For Registered Users Only)

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Hey Friends,

I'm testing a chat application and wanted your feedback. You'll see that it is integrated into the forum so that if you are logged in your username is already entered and you can begin chatting.

Please kick the tires here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/chatonline.php

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

BTW, this is the default installation, we can change background colors, etc. if we want... I just want us to test this so we can "fish or cut bait".

You can turn sound on/off, change colors, use smilies, etc.

Tried it from the PC and the MAC. It works with Firefox on both. Fine with IE on the PC and fine on the MAC with Safari.
smile.png

Good, great, love it!

I'm still not completely sold on this. I've got a list of questions / issues that I'm going to send their support staff, but compatibility with all the browsers and systems is a HUGE plus!

Thanks kstaven for testing all that!!!!

I tried out the chat!!!
Worked great. I enjoyed it. I was surprised, cause I've tried it at the ezboard, & didn't like it much.

If at all possible, enlarge the font, and maybe give us a choice of background colors. If you can't, maybe a white background would work better.

Other than that, no problems.
Great job Rob!!!

Jean

Had fun in the chat room
smile.png

Definitely think individuals need a choice of colors to view. I don't think I am the only color blind person-but I could be. The colors really messed with my ability to see some messages, and slowed my reading time down considerably.

Font size choice is a neccessity for bad eyesighters.

It takes a bit of getting used to (being in a chat room)-I am not a super speedy typer. Plus, my days of multitasking have dwindled with age
roll.png

Overall, great concept-had no idea this forum was getting one.

Yeah, I think white is the best background to go with... offers the most choices for alternate text colors.

Keep the ideas coming.... I've got about 100 questions on my list for the software support guys.

Overall that chat engine is smoother than the EZ board one. Colors do need to be changed up and white is probably the best option for a background. Font could be larger and a scroll bar. From there you pretty well have it made.

A link that says CHAT beside My Page would be nice.

If you need multi platform testing done just drop me an email Rob. I do it with my own sites all the time. I test with everything from IE5 up, and Windows 2000 to current issue. Then I check on the Mac system. From there it is Firefox etc...

Personally I would rather spend my time helping to build this up. I have a very good understanding of the real world costs and time devoted to maintaining sites and forums. But will never try to explain it again, considering the abusive reactions on the other board from some. I should thank them actually. It made the decision on which board to support EASY! not EZ!
smile.png

I just went in a took a peek. Very Cool! No one there at the moment
hmm.png
but it's gonna be great. It feels as though somone opened the door for us all to meet for the 1st. time.
hugs.gif
I can't wait to get home from work to try again.
Thanks for the Chat!!
clap.gif
ya.gif

I love it too, I havent got on yet but love the easiness to get to it.
Congrats
I would say that we are now ready to meet in person!!!!
Have a conference,
on second thoughts we are far too busy looking after our chookies!!!

Back
Top Bottom