Tacky Coop and Run Contest 2011: Winners Announced!

Gallusfarm

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
Winners Announced Post # 154

Since everyone is getting plans together for this year's coops and runs, I wanted to do another tacky coop contest for inspiration.

This year, two of the best contributors from last year have agreed to judge this with me! kuntrygirl and pamperedpoultry !

This is a contest for all of the pack rats, creative repurposers, no-talent with tools, refuse to use a level (ME), broke, or flat out cheap folks.

The 1st place prize won't help much, but I will offer a $10 gift card to Home Depot or Lowes, to the winner. If the winner doesn't have one of these chains nearby, then I'll send a $10 gift card of their choice. 3rd and 2nd place are also up for grabs, no prize 'cept braggin' rights!

Entry form:

Coop name:
Construction Date:
Fun details:

****Rules****:
*Please, no repeat posts from last year.
*Also remember, you must not have lost a bird to predators while housed in your tacky coop/run.
*More than one entry per person is fine. Please have a name for each coop/run, though.

Entry deadline: To be determined, based on number of entries.

Good luck!!!

In case you missed it last year, here's the thread!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=333688&p=1

Last edited:
OMG!!! I am soooooooooo entering this contest! I have a wealth of Ghetto Chicken-eering going on at my farm...I always try to avoid those buildings in my shots, but if we're playing this game, I'm in!!! RevolutionMama calls this stuff Farm-Core!

If I didn't submit it last year, is it okay that it was built last year? (obviously, most people haven't had time to build much this year,
smile.png
)

Well heres my tacky coop. Its a U-Haul. Yes a U-Haul truck with the most hideous looking field and pen. It looks very nice now but in these pictures looks like a tornadoe hit it.

Name- Taj Mah Uhaul
Construction date- June 1-19, 2010
Fun facts- Well lets see. Its the only U-Haul truck I have seen in my local area with chickens. It has electricty and a heater if I got desperate enough to heat it and ligh it. And alot of people that passy by think it is for storage. They ask what the fence is for and I tell them. Then they laugh and say its the most redneck thing they have seen. Well it was free and was taking up valuable garden space. It also has a brand new set of tires on them. I thought about putting some spinners on the tires for when the chickens have visitors.
wink.png

chickencoopwiththerun022.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun017.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun018.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun024.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun029.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun014.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun015.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun016.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun013.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun012.jpg

chickencoopwiththerun012.jpg

Hahahahahah! I nearly screamed out loud! How could anybody compete with that! Hands down best re-purposing I have EVER seen. I LOVE IT!....You need more chickens. You could make it two story and have even more...course the upper level ones would need switch-back ramps or they would pick up too much speed coming down and over shoot the run...

I am not a judge but I vote for this one!

sharon

heheheheh.......The Taj Ma Uhaul!!! Positively brilliant! I LOVE it!! I think a 2nd story and more chickens are a must! Fabulous idea, great recycling/re-purposing. Can't wait to see all the entries-this will be fun!!
pop.gif
Nice work, FF!

Back
Top Bottom