Uhg I forgot again THE SUPPORT GROUP FOR MEMORY DEFICIENT

feather and mountain man

Corn fed Indiana farmgirl
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
A support group for those of us who tend to be forgetful and need all the support and help remembering we can get!

First by letting you know that I have a disability that affects my memory. I forget daily routine things and even things that I have known for years.

So tonight I got caught up in BYC. I want to greet all new members and there are a lot of new members today and so I was taking my time to read all of there intros and then got onto reading through random ramblings.

This is the story I forgot to put the chickens up. I went out to do it 2 hours late. The door had blown closed and they were all huddled on the ramp and stoop of the coop. Thank goodness it wasn't raining. I feel so bad that I can't take better care of them because I forget.
he.gif
all it takes it is a lil distraction or sometimes no reason at all I just forget. Well that is it I am just frustrated and sorry that my chickens suffer.

Last edited:
I don't have an excuse...I thought it was still light out...I do work nights though, and havent been up but a few hours...but, enough!
I need to go put the chickens up.

Quote:
F.A.M.M...
You can do a few things to help you.
1- Set an alarm either on your cell phone or wrist watch for the time you usually go put the chickens in for the night.
2- have a friend call you OR you call them at a certain time in the early evening/late afternoon.
YOu can then have them remind you to check on the chickens.

My barn owner does this as she now lives alone and is 77 yrs old. She calls a neighbor every evening to let them know she is ok.
A very good friend AND her daughter call her every morning and they talk while she is getting her breakfast and letting the dogs out.

I sure hope this helps. I have a friend with memory issues. I am his appt'd representative and my DH and I are his and another friend's advocates.

Carol

I have managed to do the same thing a couple of times. So you are not alone. It is hard when your brain doesn't connect. I too have an old brain injury, and most days I don't forget anything. But then there are the days when I can hardly even talk. I have tried to set timers, and any number of other suggestions. Most of those things are simply one more thing to remember when the problem is remembering anything. I was so sad the other day when I found my girls huddling next to the house. The door to the coop had swung shut, and they don't like to stand in the rain. When I found them and opened the coop door, all the girls ran into the coop and I could tell that they were relieved.

Awww shucks, we all do things like that. After being kicked in the head by a horse, I have some short term memory issues. I have to write reminders on post-its. I even have a label on my steering wheel to remind me to turn off my headights. I have to triple check myself to turn off the outside water.

hugs.gif

Heh, we should start a club of the memory-challenged. I've had some pretty serious head injuries (enough that permanent damage is visible on scans). I forget all sorts of things.

Luckily, my husband has an excellent memory, and he's learned to keep track of me. I can't tell you how many times I've left the lights on for the car, only to have him turn them off, left the hose on, only to have him turn it off hours later. I leave things in random places, and he puts them away in their right places. When I can't find something, I can ask him, and he will know where it's at. I thank him all the time for his patience with me, and he just laughs and says it's lucky I married him so I don't get completely lost!

Quote:
That is a great idea our own memory-challenged support group! I'll do it! Head injuries are so hard to over come so what should we call our suppored group how about Head trauma??? What do you think? We will list the members that want to be included and report on our frustrations and maybe help each other remember things
big_smile.png
I will ask the mods which forum it would be best to create it in and for their concent.

I even forget to eat somedays ( don't worry I more than make up for it when I do remember to eat
wink.png
) I can have something in my hand one secound and not find it the next. I even lost my bank card while in the check out line at the store. I got it out and went to use it and it was gone. I found it later in my back pocket. I didn't even think to look in my pockets. Even though I had done the same thing several times before.
roll.png

I have had two head injuries and the scars to show it too. Thanks every one for the support. I am feeling better today and I did remember to take my meds.

A body doesn't need a head injury to forget. I leave the henhouse and head for the house 100 feet away every day. The entire way, I am repeating to myself "Turn off the hose, turn off the hose, turn off the hose...." NEVER fails...I get in the house, take off the boots, and remember the hose only when I notice that my kitchen sink has lower water pressure. Sometimes DH catches it, sometimes not.

Quote:
I do that too. Do you loose your keys all the time too. or lock them in the car?
big_smile.png
Your incluced then!

Well what should we name the group then? How about we just make this thread our support group?

Back
Top Bottom