Smithsburg
I GOT A PIP!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

just thought i'd share in the happiness even though im feeling like crud!

This has now turned into the official Castle Delight Seramas page for Laura Castle!
big_smile.png

If you have any birds from her PLEASE post a reveiw and pictures your birds!!
Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my I am sooo excited for you. I just received my eggs and I am setting them tonight! I hope you have success! Please keep me updated on eggs received / eggs hatched. Do you have any pictures of the eggs you received? They are SOOOO tiny.
What set day # did your egg pip?
Have you ever hatched seramas before?
Were the eggs shipped to you?

Sorry for all the questions I am just super excited about this post

Quote:
I got Luara from Castle Delight Seramas to send me 15 eggs from her home in Oregon (Im on the Mason Dixion line of Maryland and PA)
All of them arrived safely with no cracks but then again she wrapped them like fort knox an took me an hour to unwrap them all lol.. I know this because I posted on her FB when they arrived and she responded an hour later saying "I bet your still unwrapping eggs" and sad thing was I still had 3 to go!!
They were suppose to go into lockdown today but I put them into lockdown Saterday night (after 2 turn cycles earlier that day) so I locked them down 17ish days because they were starting to move so I know they were about ready! Pip was at 18 days! I have never hatched Serama eggs before! only Button Quails!

Here is a pic of the eggs and a Button egg I collected that morning!

223795_147329692013719_100002100667846_307106_2078569_n.jpg

Heres the baby that came from the Button egg 2 days ago!!

285007_155074664572555_100002100667846_332442_528062_n.jpg

And here is the pipped egg from Laura's Louis!!

293041_156131834466838_100002100667846_336714_6141234_n.jpg

your button quail is so adorable! We received eggs from same lady and not one crack! We are in Ohio and they all arrived safely. Too funny that you mentioned they were wrapped like Fort Knox took me forever too...was glad for attention to detail! We are going to have sibling seramas. I am setting mine tonight. Hope I have good luck! Keep us posted on addl pips and hatching pictures.

I had heard they pip early so I will start looking for activity around day 17
smile.png

Quote:
Who does she have marked on your eggs?
I have Zephyr, Nepoleon, Louis, Amadeus, an Romeo.

Laura is an AWESOME person! She has beautiful birds, She gives alot of information on the birds who your eggs are from (which not many people do), and if you ever have questions on the birds or the eggs she is up front with you 100%!
Im getting some of her Silkied and Silkied/Frizzled eggs next month!!!

and an update - we have pip #2 about 1 hour ago and from the hole the Louis baby made, she looks like a little blond!!

Laura has been very informative and patient with all my questions. This is the first time ordering from her and so far I am extremely happy. We set the eggs at 6:30...so excited!

I have the same names on my eggs! I love her website and all the pictures I can't wait to see what hatches. Looking forward to pics of your new serama chicks
smile.png

update - we have 9 chicks out of egg!! 2 passed durring external pip, 2 passed before internal pip and 1 hasnt pipped yet but is still alive! pics up later!

Back
Top Bottom