One of my cage models I have built

TedJan92_in_Idaho

Songster
12 Years
May 27, 2011
Cocolalla Idaho
I have been busy lately preparing for my quail season. I have 12 of these built for bobs. I hope to house 2 pair in each section. The total cage is 8 feet long, 14 inches tall and 36 deep. I guess take off 2 inches for the roll out egg floor. 6 stalls in each. Floor had 1 3/4 inch drop from back to front. These will be inside. I will probably stack them 4 high. I am 6'4 with gorilla arms so I should be able to reach everything OK. I am going to do 12 more but they will be all wire construction. I'm still waiting on my door latches.

The new ones I am building now ate the same dimensions but have no dividers for coturnix

ricco31.jpg

ricco33.jpg

ricco32.jpg

ricco34.jpg

Wow! Would you like to make me a few, too?
I am debating getting a few jumbo coturnix just to see if I like the taste of their eggs and them...
I have a question... how big is the gap for the egg to roll through on the front?

nice breeding pens. ive been busy making hutches as well. lots of hard work put into a hobby thats for sure!

Thanks!!!! The ones I'm working on now are like the GQF breeding pens but will be about 16inches wide and 34-36 inches long. All metal and wire. These wooden cages would of be a lot nicer if I had bought the lumber instead of recycling pallets. I think they still turned out OK. I do get some really nice pallet wood. I drive a freight truck and I have customers keep the nice ones for me. Sometimes I have to buy a few 2x4's but get most of them from the large 8 and 10 ft pallets.
somad.gif
Cut through a nail the other day and ruined a $60 saw blade.
hu.gif

Quote:
FOR THOSE WHO LEAVE OPENINGS FOR EGGS TO ROLL OUT...ARE YOU CONCERNED THAT SNAKES CAN ENTER THE OPENING? YOUR CAGES ARE REALLY NICE. I JUST GOT THRU DOING ONE OUT OF SPLIT TWO BY FOURS FOR A COLONY CAGE, I DID NOT LEAVE THE OPENING BECAUSE WE HAVE LOTS OF NON=POISONOUS SNAKES.

Back
Top Bottom