wow a lot of eggs

Stephanie739

Songster
8 Years
Oct 7, 2011
I got 7 eggs today from 4 hens. I know chickens are only supposed to lay one a day, but I got 6 yesterday, 4 the day before, 3 before that, and 10 the day before that (which is when I started paying more attention to how often I collected them, 10 had to have been 2 days of eggs) I'm telling the truth
lol.png
I swear
hu.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Wow. My flock has all but given up laying for the year. And I have (pause to do math; sure sign of crazy chicken person) fourteen who should be laying, 9 pullets who should be starting to lay any day now, and 10 freeloaders- I mean roosters- right now. And 3 teens who have yet to announce their gender.

lol.png
lol.png
celebrate.gif
wow is right. yes they are amazing little creatures. I wanted eggs, (boy am I getting eggs!) and I found a hobby....I
love.gif
my chickies!!

Quote:
Wow is right! I didn't even know that was possible
idunno.gif

I didn't know either way, but most of the info I have found on the web is saying only 1 a day. I promise I know how to count!!
tongue.png

Quote:
Wow is right! I didn't even know that was possible
idunno.gif

I didn't know either way, but most of the info I have found on the web is saying only 1 a day. I promise I know how to count!!
tongue.png

You don't have any visiting neighbor hens do you?
hu.gif

My neighbor does have chickens. She keeps them enclosed almost all the time except for every once in awhile when she is out in the yard with them. I have never seen them anywhere close to my boxes, not even in my yard. These are my chickens' eggs. I have 2 colors, white and a medium brown. I was talking to the lady at tractor supply about it yesterday. This is where I bought my chicks in the spring. She said she has heard of them laying 2 eggs in a day. I don't know!
hu.gif
I'll just enjoy the eggs!
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Sure sign my girls have stopped molting is that I got 10 eggs today out of 11 layers. I have one freeloading Amercauna who is our prima donna that looks good but is good for nuthing (laying I mean) and the rooster who has a good excuse for not laying!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom