Names? Any suggestions?

americanshorty26

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
I have six chicks and I need names. If you have any ideas it would really help me cause i am horrible at picking out names. I had two hermit crabs and named them Hermit and Crab so obviously I need some help.

What type of chicks? P.S. When I told my husband I wanted chickens, he said "Okay, we can name them Tyson, Perdue, Colonel, Bo (for Bojangles, a local fried chicken franchise)..." (He was just teasing!!)
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
!

What sort of names would you like? Human names, funny names, names that sound similar, names that have to do with what they look like...? There are lots of creative people around here who would be willing to offer some suggestions to you.

Gosh we have all kinds of names:

Pot Pie
Cajun
Cordon Bleu
Audrey
Hannibal
The Chef
Rice & Beans (speckled black and white)

We have several that have no names that have struck us et.....

Wow! Those are some original names. Thanks.
Well all the chicks are different so I will list them.
1. Wyandotte-silver laced
2. red star
3. Easter Egger
4. Plymouth Barred Rock
5. Austrolorp
6. Rhode Island Red

I really like some of those names and I was thinking more goofy not normal names.

We have Nugget, Father Flannagan, Cash (Johnny), Alfredo, Cachetori, Fried, Sandwich, Soupie, Lola, Beavis, Crumble, Dodger, Cat (Scaredy), Sir Poops-a-lot, Blackie, Darkie, Shadow, Midnight, Eclipse, Dumper, Dinkie, Fannie, Mannie, Moie, and Jacqueline.

Quote:
My SL Wyandotte is named Spazz, because she is the most "chicken" chicken I've ever seen, LOL (she hid in the coop for over a week after we got her).

My Black Australorp roo is named Marley - because he's Roosterfarian <eg>>

My Easter egger (also a roo) is Attila, because he is HUGE.

My dominique is Miss Celie (I also have a Shug - she's a banty mix)

I also name some of them after book characters - I have an Atticus, a Jem and a Scout (and a Boo Radley - he's a red pyle oegb banty roo).

Think of your favorite books, fairy tales as a kid, movies, etc... and maybe you'll find some good names there.

Peace -
Meriah

Back
Top Bottom