Coordinators Need for Egg Train! Nation Wide! Come and Join!

wolftracks

Spam Hunter
12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
We're in the process of organizing our Egg Train and need more volunteers from all States.

Please read all of this post before adding your name to the list and visit the original post which you will find the link for in my signature.

Coordinators are needed to arrange transportation within there state and to coordinate with those from connecting states to help with the transportation of hatching eggs to fellow BYC members. This is not a service of BYC, but a project started within the BYC community. BYC is not responsible for the success or failure of this project.

We have been growing the past two days and are so excited about begining the Egg Train and would like to invite anyone interested to join.

A link to the original post is in my signature, so please feel free to visit and take a look at our idea.

I came up with this idea after several problems with the delivery of hatching eggs and after seeing that other were also having these same problems I decided I would put the idea out there and see I there would be any interest. I'm happy to say that there was and we are getting more and more people to sign up along the way.

As coordinator you would be responsible for connecting a seller to a buyer in order to arrange safe delivery or their orders. There will also be times that orders will be leaving or entering your state in which case you will be working with coordinators within the states the orders would be traveling.

Some order will be simple where a volunteer is traveling to a location where there they can meet with the recipient of someones egg order from their area or somewhere in route to that area. Other times there will be handoff where one person is traveling so far and meets with another traveling more towards the destination.

Some of us have worked as volunteers for transporting animals who needed to be rehomed or were in danger of being destroyed. This is basically the same idea only we would be transporting our precious little hatching eggs in a safe manor that only we as bird owners could know.

We hope you'll all join us and after visiting the original thread and finding out how to be added, you can decide if you would like to become one of the coordinators in your state.

We are hoping to have at least 2 coordinators per state. This would keep the burden at a minimum for each person and allow us to be able to arrange several "Trains" at a time if need be. You would need to be able to communicate with your partners and work together to arrange timely and successful movement of each order.

Terry is working very hard to help me get this going and she has done a wonderful job thus far and she will also be there for thw coordinators and helping us get organized.

We welcome and help and ideas for our venture and hope to hear from everyone.

Please keep this particular thread open for those volunteering for Coordinator positions.

Keep all questions and answers for everything else on the original thread.

Hope to see you all there!

Kim

I will help-western Ohio.
smile.png

List so far for coordinators

Arkansas buffbeauty

California wolftracks Central Valley
alicefelldown Los Agneles

Missouri mopargal1972 Near St.Louis

New York jerseygirl1

North Carolina Terry
PriceFamilyFarms
mayberrygirl

Ohio babymakes6

Oregon ZooMummzy

Pennsylvania
valreegrl

Last edited:
I am in NC. I do not travel distance much these days, but I live right off of I-40 and would have no problem meeting at a gas station at the interstate and picking up birds or eggs for someone if they cannot get to meet the transport at that exact date or time. (I hope this even makes sense!)

Back
Top Bottom