Sunshine State Ducks!

Big Dreamer

Songster
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Central, FL
So how many of you are from this beautiful state?!? How do you deal with the heat and everything for your ducks? Any nice pens that someone wants to share from Florida? What kind of ducks do you guys and gals have? Go FSU!!
tongue.png

Well you know I am on the north tip of the island.

We have the following:

Rouen (3)
Buff's (ordering them now)
African Geese (1m 2f)
Sebastopol Geese

Mandarins
Silver Wood ducks (on order for fall delivery)

Call Ducks:
White
Grey
Grey pied
Blue pied
Blue fawn

Call duck eggs set:
White
Grey
Pastel
Magpie
Fawn
Blue pied
Grey pied
Snowy
Bibbed

Lots of water! lol 2 kid pools set up in my pen. Spoiled little things even have a fan in the duck house.
lol.png

I hace 5 ducks. 4 runners and 1 black swedish. 3 of the runners are only 4 days old though
love.gif

Well, this is my first summer with ducks and chickens (they're all in together) and so far we're doing fairly well. Their pen is basically 4 posts, wire on all sides, and a white plastic roof. It's not fancy but I figured it would be cooler for them. I'm building a bigger pen soon, and will probably use a few inches of pea gravel as the ground.

For my ducks, I have:
3 Pekins (1 definite female and 2 probable males)
2 Khakis (both probably males)

I will be rehoming most, if not all, of the males.

I just ordered 6 duckings, coming soon:
1 Khaki female
1 Buff female
1 Welsh Harlequin male
3 Welsh Harlequin females

My plan is to pick the 3-4 that I like the best out of all and rehome the rest. I'm hoping the new females turn out to be quieter than the Pekin. She's really loud!

Here's some pics of the current ducks, when I'd had them a few weeks, and another taken not too long ago.

IMG-20110503-00127.jpg

IMG-20110611-00219.jpg

Quote:
I'm in Gulfport and I have 3 chickens, a duck, a ball python, 2 tarantulas and a pitbull! I plan on getting as much livestock as the city allows me (I live on a fenced in double lot)

If anyone else is in the area and interested in chatting about the whole house poultry/ urban farming thing feel free to email me : [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom