Blue/Brown Eggs, Easter/Christmas Eggs - Getting my craft on!!

I have to say the feathers weren't my idea. Someone posted them several pages back. But thanks. I'm loving how they turned out. All the others are just stickers from Walmart scrapbooking section. There were several like the snowflakes that DID NOT go on really well. Some bumps and creases in areas. The feathered eggs are finished in the triple thick that steigersa suggested so you can see the difference in that and the others that are just finished in a spray on glossy modge podge.

Thanks again. I've got a whole bunch if feathers coming from different sources for more projects. And more eggs.....

Oh my did those ever come put pretty. I love the ones with the black stickers on them. Love them!!!! I have to run to walmart now!!!!!!!! LOL Oh boy more money for eggs!!!!!!!! Here is the egg I was telling you about earlier. I went to the Ohio Egg Show in Sept. People from all over the world attend these shows and on Sat. night they have what they call midnight madness and 3 or 4 teachers show a simple egg to do and it gives us something to do for that evening instead of sitting in the hotel rooms. Anyway this is one of the eggs we made.
109168_grinch_001.jpg

I'm not thrilled about the Grinch but I think he is cute and such a good idea for the green eggs!!! and it was so simple to do, we used just a black sharpie to make the face, and painted the eyes yellow, glued on the hat, then the trim, which she had strips of quilt batting and it comes apart too easy so I think if I do more of these I would find something else for that. Then just tied a yarn ribbon over the hole in the egg at the bottom. Simple as can be.

Oh your right. I never thought of that. I am going to go around the corner and see if those people have green eggs from their chickens. I have only brown ones and I wanted to make more of these. I know people will buy them.

Oh I wanted to tell you. The hole in the bottom of your egg, that is if you blew them out by putting two holes, get gold or silver thumbtacks and glue them over the holes that way it doesn't show.
They look pretty and weigh the egg down so it hangs straight.

I think the grinch is a great idea!! I'm sure I will make a few of those this year too!

Here is Little Birdie attempt #2
IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

My mom was visiting so I hung him on her rear view window and surprised her with it cause she wanted the first one I made!
IMG_2670.jpg

I think his wings are in a funny place and make it look like he has big furry antennas though!

Trial and error!

I love her. She's so cute. Seal the seeds though. If not they then rot, or they can have bug eggs in them. So just throw on some finish on them. Aren't they fun to make and so easy.
Sandy

I love her. She's so cute. Seal the seeds though. If not they then rot, or they can have bug eggs in them. So just throw on some finish on them. Aren't they fun to make and so easy.
Sandy

Quote:
Just realized I didn't answer one of your questions. These will all be raffled off at the nationals. There will be paper bags hung out along the table in front of each item up for raffle and tickets will be bought, then placed in the bag of what item they want. and yes each will be a lot as pictured in the previous pics (finished of course
big_smile.png
)BUT..... I'm considering doing auction for the feathered ones. I am just in love with them......

did I mention I have some chest feathers froma peacock on their way to me....
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

72330_drtrwe.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom