NE Oklahoma Chicken Stock - Let's Plan!

Poco Pollo

Vista de Nada Farm
14 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Haskell, OK
Okay, Okies!

Let's plan a big chicken get-together and meet in NE Oklahoma.

1. Location: Muskogee Fairgrounds Swine Building. Lots of parking. Restrooms available. E-mail Coral at [email protected] to reserve a space to set up cages.

2. Date: June 16, 2012. Sellers may set up any time after 6:00 a.m. Buyers welcome at 8:00 a.m.
big_smile.png

3. Food: A Girl Scout Troop from NE Oklahoma will run our concession stand. They'll have hot dogs, canned pop, chips, and other items for sale.

4. Raffle - Contact Poco if you have an item for the raffle to support this event! We're going to pay for the building rental and security personnel through our raffle.

5. Pay the Seller Poultry Sale begins at 12:00 noon. Check in birds at 11:00. Bring cash and cages.
Cages DO NOT sell with birds.

6. Birds only. No four-legged animals at this event, please.

7. Sellers can set up in the barn any time after 6:00 a.m.
Buyers - the barn is officially open at 8:00 a.m.

CLICK THE MAP TO SEE AN ENLARGED VERSION.

As of 06/09/12.

Please send me a PM or an e-mail if you have something you'd like to put in the raffle to help support this event. The raffle will pay for the rental of the building and for our security officers. Below is a list of items pledged for the raffle. The list will be updated as pledges are made. Thank you, in advance, for helping make our event a success!

Raffle Items So Far:
  1. Chicken-in-a-Basket Gift Basket: Poultry related items in a nice basket
  2. Chicken Doll: Ceramic head with a soft body
  3. Baby Piggy Doll: Ceramic head with soft body
  4. Wire Egg Basket & Bottle of Egg Washing Soap
  5. Handmade Quilt
  6. 3, 1 pint jars of pickled quail eggs, 3 different flavors.
  7. Five beautiful bantam roosters: Sultan, Frizzles, and Silkie - Each will be in a take-with-you cage.
  8. Book: Pocket Full of Poultry
  9. Notecards: Poultry theme of my (artsyrobin) art
  10. An assortment of pretty soaps with pretty smells.
  11. Denim hen that lays a plastic egg with a baby denim chick inside. See page 45 for photo.
  12. Homemade chicken print throw pillows and homemade chicken print kitchen curtains.

Birds you plan to bring and things you are looking for link:
http://kwiksurveys.com?u=NEOCSbirdlist

N.E.O.C.S. T-Shirt Pre-Orders

[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]T-Shirt pre-ordering is now closed (6/9/12) Check in space #133 if you wanted a shirt but didn't order one. There may be a few extra shirts for sale. Thank you : )[/FONT]​

1. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] Artsyrobin Red background no peace signs XL[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Artsyrobin Black background no peace signs XXL[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Poco Pollo Black background with peace signs XL[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Poco Pollo Red background with peace signs XL[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Poco Pollo Black background with peace signs Small[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Elwood Lightfoot Red background with peace signs 4XL[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Elwood Lightfoot Black background with peace signs 4XL[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Greybear23 Red background no peace signs Large[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Greybear23 Black background no peace signs 4XL[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] MacGuyver Red background with peace signs 4XL[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] Prettychicks Red background no peace signs Medium[/FONT]
  12. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] sixshooter60 Black background no peace signs Medium[/FONT]
  13. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] Ladyokie Black background with peace signs XXLarge[/FONT]
  14. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] Prettychicks Red background no peace signs Medium[/FONT]
  15. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] lynnae1 Red background with peace signs Large[/FONT]
  16. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]chickencoach 1 Black background with peace signs Large[/FONT]
  17. [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]chicken coach 1 Red background no peace signs Large[/FONT]
  18. banjoejoe4783 2 Black background with peace signs Large
  19. upcdayz Black background with peace signs XLarge
  20. upcdayz Red background with peace signs XLarge
  21. upcdayz Black background with peace signs Large
  22. cathiesue Black background with peace signs Medium

Last edited:
I think it's an awesome idea (just a little worried about the hurt feelings that went on before
hide.gif
)

I'm with Robin, even though I am a heat lover, thinking July and Aug will be pretty warm for the birds and campers alike. I would think it would be more comfy the end of May or beginning of June, or end of Sept, but the spring dates will interfere w/ poops.

I agree before it's hot, but everyone remember how cold it was @ poops last yr??? Pot luck is hard for those traveling a distance, kinda limited to paper products & prepackaged stuff, but potlucks are always such a great way to find new foods!!!

Thanks coral for working on this!

I put notes in brackets for May and June - cooler temps.

I forgot to add that we should come up with a name for this chicken stock. DD suggested O. C. D. = Oklahoma Chicken Do.
hmm.png
Another suggestion was NEOCS (North Eastern Oklahoma Chicken Stock). For anyone on the planning committee for POOPS, please let me know dates so that this get-together will not be on a conflicting weekend. This is not POOPS. It's a NE Oklahoma Chicken Stock. I'm volunteering to arrange the place and do a lot of the planning, and I'm offering our home as one possible location.

Plans will be posted on this thread, so make your suggestions as they come to you.

This is a wonderful idea!! And I'm with your daughter-O.C.D is perfect lol! Because everyone is just a bit OCD when it comes to their birds. (Some of us are OCD when it comes to life in general).
We might be able to get some carpools going also. What a cool idea
big_smile.png
I'm in.
End of May, beginning of June sounds great. June 2nd is a Saturday, that's after Memorial Day, correct?

Memorial Day is on Monday, May 28, 2012. June 2nd would be the first Saturday after Memorial Day. If anyone knows about event dates that we should avoid, please let me know. Is this a Saturday to consider? or is it too close to Memorial Day?

Good point about bringing food. I know it's hard to transport big cookers and large containers. Folks traveling over 30 minutes to get to the chicken stock might bring paper products, plastic cutlery, or canned/bottled drinks: things that don't need to be hot or cold until later. If our location is the fair grounds, we can set up a microwave to make things hot. We'd be limited to cold items and things like hot dogs.

If our location is Waddle Bock Farm, then we've got the kitchen, a fire pit, and we can set up grills. Plus, there are a couple of electrical outlets on the front porch we can use to power crock pots if we want to set the food on tables on the front porch.

Any weekend in June works for me so I'll let the others decide. I'm 2 hrs away but I bet I can come up with something I could put in the cooler.

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I'd really, really like to see it happen not too close to POOPS. September is appealing to me, but I can go along with whatever is decided.

Back
Top Bottom