Posts by JD4570

Uh, remember folks.....some of the brown moss isn't. Just sayin'.....
I'mmmm baaaacccck!Sour, Em is right....when she says don't look you shouldn't. Besides she knows more about such things.Wow, that sounded sooo wrong.
You people are giving me an idea for hatching eggs. Our local supermarket sells free range eggs, and I have fond that at least 1 out of 3 has been fertile. Hmm.......I think it time to start a new experiment..............
(snicker) I get that reaction a lot to my cooking. I forgot to add that those were short links......and I was cooking for five. Right now I'm thinking about my next master piece meal. Ooooh I know! Fried catfish, oysters, butterfly shrimp( regular and coconut breaded) and hush puppies!Too true Al, tooo true!I'm gonna have to try those combos now. Thanks for the tips......and warning! I can't stomach turkey franks to begin with.....but pickled sausage, that's a possibility.
I sure am glad I don't have to contend with snow all the time like some of you folks. Today I'm fortunate that the high temp will be close to 70......but alas, it will be short lived. It will be cold again less than 36 hours...sigh. Did somebody say something about cornbread? I fixed two pans worth yesterday ......plus 10 links of kiolbasa, steamed squash, whole leaf spinach, cream style corn and brussel sprouts in butter and garlic sauce.
I was wondering, what are some ya'lls plan s for the new year? I'm gonna get back to working here on the farm....I've neglected it now for over three years . No more of that! Ahem, Happy New Year Wisher.
CC ,I have a name for dogs that attack my livestock.....dead. I'll admit I love dogs and have even been in tears as I looked through the sights.....but I still pulled the trigger. My neighbors know my policy on the issue. I'm glad that your neighbor payed for the birds. I'm praying for everybody affected by the crazy weather. We've had small tornadoes in the area then only have the temps drop into the thirties....... Well I woke back up folks.....snicker....Happy New...
Happy Birthday Bunny! No cake? Ahem......a certain un-named somebody needs to get his backside down to that bakery and get you that cake! Just sayin.......
Ballade G minor Op.23 the Grey orchestra
One of my favorite Christmasses came a little more than a decade ago. I went out side my house around 10:30 pm Christmas Eve to do my normal patrol of the property when I noticed in the trees were perched Bluebird with cardinals , blue jay and black caps...then I noticed several young bucks playing in the front yard while off to the west side of the house there were between 20 and 30 deer bedded down. Something magical was in the air. Then to my surprise it started snowing...