Posts by KYTinpusher

Welcome to chicken math!   I started out with 6 hatchery hens and a rooster given to us by our neighbors for eggs. I now have 6 different pure breeds (some with more than one breeding group) and a few projects and I'm not even going to count how many chickens that I have right now. 
@Prairie Fleur just thought I would move the discussion over here.  For future reference for your DH, tell him when you hatch out all the cool breeds of chicks available here, you can sell the extras to make your money back.  
I am in the same boat. Lots of spare hatching eggs, but no spare dollars. 
The uncrested ones you can usually tell by 6-7 weeks by the comb/wattles. The crested ones may take a few more weeks. If you would like to post some pictures, we would be happy to help you figure it out. 
  No problem. We're glad to have you join us. Just watch the action for a while. When it really gets going you will either see real quick how it works or it will make your head spin. Probably both! 
Flowers of Abba claimed the apron from me, then she put up her offer. Whoever claims her offer (we'll call them person A), then puts up what they are offering. Then the next person ( person B) claims something that person A offered and puts up their offer. Then person C claims something from person B and puts up their offer. Then person D claims something from person C and puts up their offer, and so on, and so on, and so on.... So you always claim something that you want...
This is a chain. Flowers of Abba had the offer before your post. If you want what she is offering, you say "Mine" and put what you are offering in return. You claim what you want first which would be 1 of the following: 3 doz biscotti ( Lemon, chocolate, traditional, cran/walnutsOr Saintly salve 3 ozOr baby booties- wool crochetOrCotton crochet washcloths X3OrDouble sided Killington flannel receiving blanket x1.Or7 double sided brushed flannel wash cloths. Then you post...
I just hatched 6 of these - 3 lavender and 3 black. I have to say they have the SOFTEST down of any chick I have ever hatched. They are so COOL!
Mine on the Bearded Iris. The White Iris are Dutch Iris, BTW.  Offer: Black full apron with divided pocket along bottom Or white metal chicken decor, NWTbackside of one aboveOr black metal rooster bobber, NWTOr white metal rooster bobber, NWTOr black metal chicken decor (same on both sides) NWT, but a couple scuffs on finish. Or8+ Isbar X eggs - I have 2 Isbar x Orpington hens that lay LOTS of large khaki green eggs covered by a black Isbar rooster; and 1 blue SFH X Isbar...
I agree, very curious indeed. Some of the hens do have silver or gold hackles, especially in the new import, but certainly not as pronounced as say a good Birchen Marans hen. One of my original import line hens is getting some as she gets older, but only a little gold under her chin. Both silver and gold markings on both sexes are acceptable in the preservation group in Sweden. I think it is time to try to explore the genetic color make-up of the Isbar as, I agree, they...