Posts by KYTinpusher

That is a cross between a Silverudd's Blue and a Svarthöna (Swedish Black Hen). I could be mistaken, but I believe they are an F1, which means the next generation will throw chicks with a variety of characteristics.
I have a quad of project Svarthöna that I have decided I have no room for. They were hatched from a project black-split-to-chocolate Silverudd's Blue (Isbar) cockerel and a breeder quality Svarthöna pullet. There is one chocolate pullet, 2 black pullets and a black cockerel. I do not know if the cockerel is split to chocolate or not. They are 11 to 15 weeks old. None of the pullets are laying yet, but there is a good possibility that they will lay green eggs (no promises,...
I would second the multiple LGD dogs or even donkeys. Donkeys dislike anything canine and good ones will chase off any intruders - four-legged,  two-legged, and even winged. They are very smart, but if you plan to have dogs with them, you will have to train them to accept your dogs. I have been told that coyotes do not like the donkey's bray and that alone will keep most away, but not if the coyotes are hungry enough. A pack of coyotes is much more formidable than singles,...
There is a new location starting tomorrow. It is still on 127, but farther south - 2240 US 127. 1 mile past the Bluegrass Parkway, south US127, 5 miles from WalMart.
I'm sorry, I don't have any available at the moment. Those I have growing out now are already spoken for. Right now I don't have anything available. I may in another month or 2, though.
 Welcome to BYC and the Isbar thread. Where are your first group of Isbars from? Do you have pictures? GFF has mottled genes in their Isbar program , so even those that are not showing the mottled coloring may be carrying the mottling gene. Mottled genes are not allowed in the foundation flocks in Sweden. If you want to breed Silverudd's Blues (formerly known as Isbars  ) you will need to do some test breeding to make sure your birds do not carry the gene. A few people who...
I believe I have a couple of cockerel chicks in my brooder now from my quad. You are welcome to one if you are anywhere near N. KY. These are my breeders
 I feel your pain. I have the same issue with my Black Ameraucana quad. I do get a fertile egg every once in a while, so don't give up yet. How old is he? Your chicks both look like pullets to me.
If it is from TSC, you can't count on it to be anything in particular. It could just as easily be a silkie mix, or a Cemani mix. You say it is small, but it looks big to me (for a week old) to be SH, Silkie or Cemani. I hope it is a pullet for you so at least it will lay eggs.
It may be possible, but it is also possible that it is not. What is the history of the chick?