Posts by KYTinpusher

Swedish Flower Hens are not barred. I do not have a very high opinion of GFF's breeding integrity. 
What vitamins are you using? How early they start to lay depends on the time of year. Those reaching 5-6 months in the early spring to mid summer will usually start laying in the 5-6 month range. Those reaching 5-6 months going into fall and winter will usually wait until 7-9 months to start laying, unless they are given supplemental light. Isbars are considered a large fowl breed (as opposed to bantam), but are on the small end of the scale size wise. The eggs are usually...
A very pretty pullet!
These girls are pending pick-up at this time.
I have 2 pullets (3/4 Isbar / 1/4 Orpington) available.   The first one is a very pretty blue and is 6.5 months old. She has been laying for almost a month now. She is a very good layer of very pretty light olive green eggs. They are small now, but if she is anything like her mother and grandmother, she will be an excellent layer of large to extra-large eggs before long. She is small in size like the Isbar. She is $20.   I also have another of similar breeding. She is...
I have 2 pullets (3/4 Isbar / 1/4 Orpington) available.   The first one is a very pretty blue and is 6.5 months old. She has been laying for almost a month now. She is a very good layer of very pretty light olive green eggs. They are small now, but if she is anything like her mother and grandmother, she will be an excellent layer of large to extra-large eggs before long. She is small in size like the Isbar. She is $20.   I also have another of similar breeding. She is...
If all you have are black, all their chicks will be black. You will need a blue or splash to introduce the diluting gene that produces blue (with 1 copy) or splash (with 2 copies).
Be careful what you wish for! Hens are born with a set number of embryos. If they use 2 in every egg, you will only get half the number of eggs over the hen's lifetime that you would get if they only used one per egg.
I have been hoping to find at least one other person that has a woolly Svart to help with diversity, but the only other person I know of that had one lost it to a predator before it matured. It is going to be a much longer road to establishing a breeding group if I only have the normal feathered birds to breed to.