Posts by KYTinpusher

Here ya' go! http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/h-diamonds-swap-page
They have a page on FB where you can find out who is going and what they will be bringing.  
Very cute! Welcome to BYC and the SFH thread! I'm guessing your little one will be a black based mills fleur and either a pullet or a cockerel. That's as close as I can get at this point.
My farm is closed to visitors for bio-security reasons, but I go to the Lawrenceburg swap (they have a page on Facebook) when I have eggs or chicks to sell. I am in Owen County and can arrange to meet in NKY if that is more convenient. I will also take pre-orders for chicks or hatching eggs. You can PM for details if you are interested.
ki4got - Sorry about your eggs, but I'm glad your hen is safe. Those opossums are just awful creatures. 
 and welcome to the KY thread! 
I just have to share the irony of this little chick's markings. This is a cross between my blue Isbar cockerel and the white Swedish Flower Hen pullet that was keeping him company during their initial quarantine. The pullet was killed by a raccoon only a few days after she started laying.  I have 1 more of her eggs in lockdown now. This little one will be named "Rocky".   
I just have to share the irony of this little chick's markings. This is a cross between my blue Isbar cockerel and the white Swedish Flower Hen pullet that was keeping him company during their initial quarantine. The pullet was killed by a raccoon only a few days after she started laying.  I have 1 more of her eggs in lockdown now. This little one will be named "Rocky".   
Why wait for the manufacturers to provide healthy food for your chickens? I give my birds homemade kefir. You should look into it. It provides LOTS of probiotics and helps build a very healthy immune system so all the antibiotics aren't necessary. Much better than yogurt, though yogurt is good, too. Also, I grow mealworms for my chickens and they LOVE them. It's easy to set up a colony.
 I love all the different colored eggs, too! I have Isbars, Marans and Ameraucanas (black and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten - they lay the bluest eggs!) and they are all laying, though the Ameraucanas only occasionally as they are molting.