Posts by RedIII

My turkey hen is broody :| I guess this means my supply of delicious turkey eggs has dried up for a while. Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. My camera is still up, and probably will be for a while. It takes a picture every five or ten seconds, day or night. I'm pretty sure we'll have some deer shots on there, by now. It will be interesting to see what else it catches. If anyone wants Icelandic hatching eggs, I have some for sale. $4 a dozen, and I work...
Hey, hope everyone is doing well. I had to skip the last few pages, so sorry if I missed anything. My grandma passed the other night and today was the funeral. I'm relieved she is no longer suffering from health issues. Couple of things - We had some dogs get into our turkey pen this morning and chase my two toms out. They chewed the one up pretty good. We found both turkeys and got them back okay. No idea who's dogs it was, but I suspect the neighbors behind us that...
Yes. If anyone wants a rooster that hardly ever crows, my mom needs to rehome hers. He is a Barred Rock, but has some really bad spine problems. He gets around alright and does his job with the girls, but my mom can't have a bunch if chicks hatching left and right. This guy is really fertile and produces healthy chicks. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Haha yes. She thought something was wrong with her eyes at first. I've never seen a hen with that many chicks. And you can tell they're all from a BR rooster
I agree, that roo looks like a Crele OEGB. Very handsome. If I didn't already have my boys, I'd grab him. But as it is, I need to whittle mine down Elk, so sorry about the heartache you're going through right now. I can sympathize. My grandma is near to passing and I actually left work to go see her because I was so upset. Love and prayers are coming your way. One of the hens my mom has hid a nest and hatched out 17 chicks. I have pictures on my camera, but it's almost...
Abko, sorry to upset you. He is okay. He was a good boy and let me get it off him. Yes, stuff like this has happened before. We have some suspicions as to who the instigator(s) might be, but no proof. That's why I need to get the camera up.
Oooh some people make me so mad! I went out to feed this morning and found one of my roosters with a bunch of string wrapped around his legs. It looked like someone tried to tie them together and he got away, but he was having trouble walking. There was no string or cloth anywhere near that pen yesterday > Just one more reminder to get a memory card for my game cam. Makes me so mad!
Lisan1984, I'll bet it's a duck egg. Chickens seem to need a bare minimum of 4.5 months before they're old enough to lay, usually longer. My turkeys didn't start laying until they were close to a year old, from what I saw. Ace, your coop looks great! Good job! I still need to get some feed bags to you for hand bags My husband thought I was a goofball for that, but I don't care. Cynthia, sorry about the roo collar. That boy is gorgeous.
Thank you both. They are Icelandic, with the exception of the penguin chick. That one is half Icelandic. I'm 99% sure it's momma was my Leghorn I just lost. I just love them, even though I'll have to sell most of them.Lisa, I think three are crested Yum!Madchicken, those smooth sizzles are beautiful. I like their creamy color.Iluv, love the pictures of your fluffballs
Wow. Cynthia, that blue roo is stunning! Lisa, I hope Cinders ends up looking like that. Gorgeous! Rural, all I gotta say is that Lisa is a huge sweetheart, and such a charming host Lisa......too bad I don't live closer to you. I've got a couple of roos that would probably fix that hen real quick......one of my boys is a total softie, but the alpha roo thinks he's Mr. Macho and the third boy is young and super insistent on doing his job, haha. I had to put my psycho hen...