Posts by RedIII

Yeah I think pepper tree is the right name for them. I'm just clueless, lol. I have a baby crab apple tree <3 
Melisa, sorry to hear about your favorite girl. I'm glad things are looking up.   Tankgirl, good luck. I've never dealt with gleet, but I'm sure there are others on here who have and could give you advice.
  I'm decreasing my flock, too. It's mostly the newer pullets that I'm not as attached to that I'm rehoming. I only ever wanted twelve chickens, max, and now that I have close to thirty, it's far too many. I would like to get down to twenty for now, and then fifteen.
Hahaha I love Momo  I'm hoping to have some more Icelandic eggs for you in a couple of weeks here, Gary. If you still have a broody by then.   Tankgirl, is your hen just staring like she's "in the zone"? if so, she may be getting broody. If she's acting tired all the time or keeping her eyes closed, she may be feeling unwell. One of my girls does the blank stare thing for a few days while setting. I think she's trying to will the eggs to develop, haha. When my turkey was...
FYI, the Cal Ranch in Tooele tends to be better in service and chick quality than the others, if anyone goes out that way.   Silly, the baby with the coppy could possibly be a girl. does it have copper on it's back? Cynthia got one like that from one of my eggs and she was gorgeous.   Pancake, I love Angelo! What kind of tablet do you use to draw?   Ace, love the babies <3 And everyone's babies, really.   My neighbor down the street is taking some of my chickens...
 Ugh, sorry to hear this. I hope you don't lose any more. My vitamin-deficient cockerel is continuing to have problems with his legs. He'll be fine one moment, then sitting down in a weird way the next. I am hesitant to use him for breeding if this is a continuous problem, because while I love his coloration, I don't want to pass on something that the whole breed doesn't have. So, he may end up just being a special needs pet for a while, or else dinner when he's big...
Congrats, Sporteltx! They look great! I wouldn't be surprised if that little gold one turns out mottled. It looks similar to my Flekka when she was young.   Ace, I'm excited for you!   I think Moose is lovely <3 If we're talking dream dogs, I gotta be honest - I love the Irish wolf hounds and flat-coat retrievers. My fiance wants to get a blue heeler at some point, or possibly some other working dog.
 I wonder how long they will have them available for this season? My fiance has wanted bees for some time, now, but with all of the hubbub, he hasn't had a chance to get any started. Silly, congrats on the babies! Those three from the eggs I gave you are sure dark! It looks like you might have two blues and one black, or possibly three blues there. Those blues definitely came from my Ameraucana  I'll bet they're pretty like their momma, too. Madchicken, it will be a little...
 Hmm, I'm not an expert by any means, so I looked this up on a quick Google search, because it sounds like a fungal infection or something. Here's a list of different diseases and the trees they can affect, signs, symptoms, and some methods for control: http://www.wvu.edu/~exten/infores/pubs/pest/pcerti17.pdf This one has descriptions, too. I'm wondering if you have Brown Rot? http://plantdiseasehandbook.tamu.edu/food-crops/fruit-crops/peach-apricot-and-nectarine/ Here's...
Silly, so sorry to hear about your Pokey. At least she isn't suffering anymore. Things will get better. And I'm so glad to hear that you have a pip! That would probably be the Icelandic heritage that's making that chick come early. Icelandics are known to do that a lot. Here's hoping it pops out healthy and well!   Madchicken, cute babies! Any idea on how those Icelandic eggs are doing for your broody?   Ace, that rooster is very pretty. It's a sad day when you have to...