Posts by RedIII

I can't remember if I put this up or not, but here is a picture of Ike, one of the cockerels that came from Laurie's flock. This is the chocolate chick I had hatch out last year.     Don't mind his tail. He kept smashing it against the slats of his carrier he was in.
Woohoo! Depending on how my turkey hen does this Spring, I may need to get some more turkey eggs. We'll see!
Chickenstock already? Oh boy! I still love to wear the shirt I got from the last one 
Well I found out what the hubbub was about last night. I guess the cops were conducting a raid on a house one street down, and they used a sonic boom before going in to confuse the people. We think it may have been related to illegal substances, which is sad. I grew up here and I love this neighborhood. It's changed so much, though.
  And, random picture of Gunther crowing <3 
Okay, that didn't take long. Gunther doesn't mind having his picture taken.     Check out that wattle action    Here's one with Flekka behind Gunther.   Both Gunther and his brother Sven are from the Sigrid line. I definitely see more "solid" color clumps going on in that line, as opposed to the spangling and mottling of the Behl line. Very interesting.
Ace, I can tell on most of mine at around 8 weeks, because by then most of the boys are starting to develop pink combs. I've found that wattles aren't always a reliable indicator of gender at that age.   Thank you everyone for the well wishes!   Jake, my SC is actually dark with silver on his back. Not an ounce of red or orange on him. He's from Shawn's stock, as is my RC roo with the orange on his back. I'll try and get a picture of the SC while he's outside today. I...
Hehe, I have been putting my roos in the garage every night for over a year and a half............I just refuse to get rid of them. I love my boys. It will be nice when they have a lot more room to run around.   So obviously my neighborhood didn't get burned down by godzilla or anything. I don't know what happened last night, but it's not on KSL, so whatever. I'm writing it off as yet another day in the hometown. And, I'm not sure yet, but I think that my mystery...
Soooo that was interesting. We just had an explosion in our neighborhood about fifteen minutes ago, and when I poked my head out the door, I could hear the cops on the megaphone. Gotta hand it to ya, West Valley. You CAN still surprise me.   Lisa, I love your chocolate chick!   Sundance, you sound like me with the plant hoarding  The Seramas are doing great. I unplugged their light yesterday to give them "night", since it's so warm, and I forgot to plug it back in for...
Hahaha Sphinx, rub it in  I'll be upgrading from a half acre lot to an acre lot next month, so that may help  And once I'm down in Delta, I'll have 24 acres for my girls to run around on. Hmmm, that sure seems like a lot of space for my little flock of chickens. Maybe I should get something else to keep them company? Ducks, perhaps. Or geese. Or emus. Or guineas. Or.............