Posts by RedIII

Oh goodness, Elk! When did this happen? I assume you're okay? I hope so! Sounds like you got beat up pretty good. I hear ya on the divine intervention - I was handling our Arabian who's more spooky than my husband's horse, and I thought for sure I was going to get trampled when he spooked yesterday. For some reason, he stopped and decided to try and go away from me, though. Good thing I kept hold of that lead rope so I could yank him, lol. I did get a nice lump on my chin...
Yeah, I'm fine. Got a sore neck now, but that's nothing. Thanks for asking. I thought I was going to get stepped on, but nope Thank goodness!
RJ, lovely chickies Here's my random tip for the day, for all else: Don't ever get body slammed by a horse. It hurts.
Mike, them's some good lookin' "pullets"!
I lost one, too. It's been a brutal month. Sorry. Hugs.
Haha they rarely would wake me up, even with all their racket. I love magpies. They remind me of summertime as a kid I know my dad hates them with a passion, though. I just croak back at them to see what funny looks I get.Cynthia, scary! I'm sure we have no shortage of BOP here, but the roosters seem to be pretty vigilant.Hgillins, preeeetty Sundance, your Seramas are gorgeous! Wow, Jackson is sure glossy and sleek.I have my girls some frozen peas yesterday for a cool...
That's why I tolerated the thieving magpies in West Valley - they kept the Cooper's hawk away from my hens.
Congrats, Phoenix! Yay!
LittleChickSpy, I'm glad you saw her! I have heard that Sultans are a more fragile breed, but they're sure pretty to look at. So far as the heat goes with these birds, I am very hopeful of one of my chicks right now. She is almost pure black and has been going out in the sunlight without being bothered at all by the heat. I hope this bodes good things. I have another chick that is definitely not a hot weather bird, though, and I have been misting them in the afternoon to...
So a couple of days ago, I took away the chicken eggs my turkey had been on for a day or two. I set them on top of the coop and then totally forgot about them because I was tired. Today, the turkey had gotten off her turkey eggs and was sitting on the chicken eggs on top of the coop.......sigh. That dummy. Now I don't know that she'll have ANY babies hatch, at all. I scribbled a big X on the chicken eggs and set them back in the coop. I don't want her out in that blazing...