Posts by Buxton Ducks

I have a buff orpington and a barred rock. I was told they were roosters by the feed store but I am not so sure..... I hope they are roos!
That's Sirius, he is a white German Shepherd. He is the best dog I have ever had. He never would hurt my birds and loves people. However he hates coyotes and chases them off!
Had a bunch of scrap lumber and couldn't wait until spring. Here is my new bantam coop! This is the first thing I have ever built and feel pretty good about it. I will be painting it when the weather warms up. I also have to shingle it. I rushed to finish the roof because we are getting a foot of snow tomorrow!
Here is a picture of Bueler, my mule drake. He is huge but can fly and he prefers to hang out with the mallard types.
He does seem to have a little bit of a crest there. He is roosting now so lets get a picture!
Can always count on Miss Lydia for some good waterfowl advice! One detail I left out is that Boris (my big male muscovy) didn't do the usually "chase her around for an hour" thing he always does to new muscovy hens. The females all did that hilarious hissing head bob thing. Thanks again Miss Lydia, she is. Beauty of a duck regardless!
She was hatched in august I guess. I tried to get some better pictures. She does have some red starting so I guess time will tell.
Yep the solid white one. She has no caruncles though and carries herself like more like a runner than my other scovies. I will get some better pictures.
I just bought this off looking girl and wanted to share her. She was a feed store find, she hatched out from a flock of muscovies but apartently somebody else snuck in! She has a pink bill and blue eyes. She is a good flier too!
I really didn't need another rooster, but look at this boy. I just had to have him. I am sure he is a mixed breed but any ideas? He was looking very sad at the feed store and is a very friendly.