Posts by flux

Girl, vent away! There are a lot of people in this world who are super self-serving and will do any little vindictive thing to just get an ounce of satisfaction. I have a neighbor who lets their dog run, and it's very territorial, barking at me on my property. I was polite, chasing the thing back and letting them know how much I'd appreciate it if they kept it on their property. They seemed to get the message, saying the dog was used to running because my property sat...
Thanks! One more thing I forgot to add - she has runny poop. I have some vit E on hand. Should I give her water with adopter as well? Thanks again!
Walked out to help guide my chicks back in their house and found one of my little Dominiques hiding beneath the coop. Her head is limp, she hardly lifted it when hearing the others call. She can stand, but barely. She's the only one exhibiting this behavior so far, and I'm worried that it might be Merak's. I bought her and the others from a local hatchery in Tennessee taht does not vaccinate, but I'm not sure if the hatchery is to blame because she is between 8-9 weeks...
Sentry and Scout - guineas Blitzkrieg and Powder Keg - silkies Nyx and Snowdrop - dominiques The rest I named for their personalities: Pluto, a speckled sussex who can't decide if it wants to be with the flock or avoid it Nzinga, a RIR (named after Mbande Nzinga) who mobilized the other RIR to help her establish herself as top hen on the pecking order Charlemagne and Domitian, RIRs who constantly annoy each other. We thought it would be funny to name them after two...
What I would do is go talk to the other flock owners and see what they went through, if anything, to be allowed to keep their birds. I can't think of the name, but do you live in one of those communities where, like,if your yard isn't up to standard they can have you arrested? I imagine they would be 100x harder on flock owners.
Jumping in late here, but couldn't resist. In my experience, Atheism is really about looking at tangible evidence, not solely to prove or disprove a deity. It's about looking at what hard facts add up to.And technically, everyone is an atheist to a point. Do you believe in Zues? Thor? No? Congrats on being an atheist.
Does she have to go to court or something? If people on your street have chickens legally, I don't think it would be a problem for her to keep them. Most laws allow chickens, just not roosters, so she probably has a good case after removing hers.
I bought a few birds from Poultry Hollow last week and didn't really see much, if anything, to take offense to. It was pretty much what I expected a hatchery to be. There were two dead chicks pulled out of a brooder while I was there, but I chalk it up to the norm when dealing with young birds in such numbers. It was my first time buying chickens and all my questions were answered, even went as far as giving advice on what to do if any came down with common problems, I.e....
Alrighty, thanks for the tip. I've seen waterers on here with marbles, but I stupidly figured it was more suitable for younger chicks...experience is the best (and harshest) teacher, I guess :(
My gosh, just thumbed through this thread and wow. Kudos to you, OrpahnNanny! That bird looks amazing! It's amazing how far love and care took this little guy!