Posts by chicken pickin

Cream Legbar carry 2 blue egg genes so they will always pass one blue egg gene to their offspring. If you cross a Cream Legbar to a brown egg layer the chicks will get one blue egg gene and one brown egg gene giving you a chick that will lay green egg if female. If you cross a Cream Legbar to a white egg layer the chicks will get one blue egg gene and one white egg gene giving you chicks that will lay blue eggs if female. If you cross a Cream Legbar to a dark brown egg...
I wish you luck with the next batches and hope you find yourself a male worthy of using. Marans are a tough breed and there aren't a lot of "good" ones out there, its definitely hit or miss, most of the time a miss. I hope the GFF chicks turn out well. Where did you get the hatching eggs? (you don't need to disclose that if you don't want to). As for me and keeping males I would only like to keep 2 males at most. I have one male right now and it is so quiet here I love it...
This picture is too hard to use as a reference because its far away and has the red lighting. On another one of your threads it was said that she could be pure CL or a CL mix. If you want to look at other CL mixes to see if she is a match you can look here http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/825092/cream-legbar-hybrid-thread But looking at her in the pictures you posted in the beginning of this thread she looks like she could be pure Cream Legbar (though not colored to...
It can be common within any breed to be a very early crower, each cockerel is different. Some can be very late crowers as well. But yes Cream Legbar cockerels can start to crow early.  I often have a few cockerels in each batch crowing at 8 weeks, I have a young one now that started crowing at about 4 weeks old. I find with my males that average age overall is about 16weeks with of course some exception.
I noticed on one of the other threads the OP started that the seller of the eggs did have pure CL and CL mixes.
It does look to be a Cream Legbar, maybe Cream Legbar mix. Do you have pics of when she was a day old? Is she from your own flock or someone elses?  Cream Legbar should have small to medium crests, males are to have small crests and females to have medium crests. But the crests on all CL can range quite a bit from quite large and full to a  tiny tuft of feathers behind the comb. The pullet above has what I personally would consider small for a female CL.
Thanks I looked that spider up and it seems quite similar to what I saw.   Also thanks for the compliment on my boys! I pleased with how this years chicks turned out. The barring on many are really great, also most have those great earlobes, They all of course have their faults some more so than others. Its almost time to make my final decisions since I have to make room, they are all growing so fast. I have 3 males out of 11 that I am deciding between. I need to decide...
Huh, that is very interesting. This will be a neat experiment to follow.
  Im glad you clarified about the Delewares not being solid white but Silver based. They should then be able to use the Deleware hens crossed to the Cream Legbar and the Bielfelder to get Red Sexlinks. Both the Cream Legbar and Bielfelder are gold based so crossing them to any Silver based female will give you Red Sexlinks sexable by down color.
Regarding your first question, crossing Barred Rock females to a Delaware male, the answer is you should not use a white bird to try to create Sexlinks because white birds can carry unknown genetics. In the first post of this thread this is what is written in the second paragraph. The second important rule is that one should not use white birds in sex linked crosses. White birds that have the correct genotype can be used to make a  sex linked cross but a breeder never...