Posts by chicken pickin

Thanks! It was about 2weeks into developing when she broke the egg. I have used candle wax a few times and each time the egg has hatched. This Silkie egg i posted above was the worst cracked egg I have had yet. I swear by candle wax, its the super glue of the incubating egg world.
I had an egg look just like this, a broody stepped on her egg. I used melted plain unscented white candle wax. Not poured directly on but smoothed on with my finger. I put it in the incubator and it hatched just fine. 
  Thank you both. I ended up charging $100 and they thought that was very reasonable. So I am rehoming my first trio tomorrow:)
I am currently in the process of making arrangement to rehome a trio of Cream Legbars. They are roughly 6-7 months old and from what I can tell they are correct for cream. Im having a hard time deciding on what they should be priced at, I want to be fair but don't want to undersell as I have put time and effort into them. I was thinking $100. Does that seem too steep, or is it fair?   I also posted this in the other Cream Legbar thread. I keep second guessing myself lol.
I am currently in the process of making arrangement to rehome a trio of Cream Legbars. They are roughly 6-7 months old and from what I can tell they are correct for cream. Im having a hard time deciding on what they should be priced at, I want to be fair but don't want to undersell as I have put time and effort into them. I was thinking $100. Does that seem too steep, or is it fair?
  LOL It is what it is. Bucks can be gross lol and while I have never witnessed a buck in rut I have heard plenty of stories. I also hear how wonderfully sweet bucks are and once you have them you can t live with out them. What type of goats do you have? I have Nigerians.
Congrats @michaelf!
Tsk tsk my goats are very lady like and respectable lol.
You can come candle my goats
I agree! That is a great hatch rate for shipped CL eggs.