Posts by CaroleM

I once took a photo of the sky from our back door, nothing unusual in that I hear you saying.  It was on good old fashioned film and when I got them back from being developed, the one taken from the door was a massive surprise.  The cloud form was shaped like a fighter plane!  Relevance - I am ex-RAF in Air Traffic Contol.  I had the photo enlarged to about 2 feet in length and it was up on the wall for quite some time.  It's now in the loft.  Trouble is, I has mislaid...
Ah!  Cute!!!!! Just watch the water depth, chick cannot swim.
Welcome to you and your family.  I totally understand the heartbreak loosing one of your girls causes and our girls say to tell you they are sorry to hear about your losses too.  Our sweet Henrietta (Barnvelder) has had the horror of witnessing 2 terrible attacks.  The first, a badger, took little Georgina and the second, by a neighbour's dog, took her best friend Alice,  The first was nature, sadly.  The second was due to the lack of attention to dog and garden fence by...
Hi, welcome to you and your cute babies, from Plymouth, England
Hi and welcome from Plymouth, England too!
I love the idea of having an eccentric peacock!  What on earth does he do?
I would love to be able to dye fleece of whatever animal, but suffer badly from allergies to chemicals.  I've thought about vegetable or natural dyes, but have heard that fading is an issue with these.  Any suggestions to get around this one?  Maybe I should leave my alpaca fleeces, 2 different shades of cream, 1 fabulous black and 1 amazing russet.  The sheep fleece I might try dying some of.    There is no one around here, that I know of, who spins.  It would be...
Any news of your lovely girl?  We are sure we misnamed Daisy - we think Houdini would be a better one for her, so we know how it feels.  Thankfully, so far we have always managed to recapture the wayward little madam, but not until I have gone through the blackberry 'plantation', around to next door, discovered broken glass (Daisy was fine, it's me that wasn't), watched her decide to fly back to her sisters and land, conveniently, on the top of the netting.  From there,...
If you put a load of comfrey leaves in a bucket and add water, cover (coz it will stink!!!!) and wait for a couple of months, you will be rewarded with wonderful liquid feed for your plants.  All you need to do is dilute the resulting feed with water and hey presto - happy plants!!!!!  I grow my comfrey in an old wooden tra;, the sort of thing that fruit often comes in; lined with plastic and pierced for drainage, add multipurpose compost and plant.  The plant is fairly...
You have such beautiful pets.  Two of our cats are as black and glossy as your lovely dog and your birds have brilliant colouring.